News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SEOmoz, PointRoll acquisitions push boundaries
Two new acquisitions should give brands a better foothold into the Interwebz. SEOmoz has acquired GetListed; the move should provide greater transparency to the online space for local businesses. Meanwhile, PointRoll has acquired Rovion, enabling the faster creation of rich media ads.
First, the SEOmoz/GetListed acquisition will add the GetListed toolset to the existing SEOmoz infrastructure should improve how local businesses and agencies approach SEO.
"Small businesses don't always know where local data is hiding," Rand Fishkin, SEOmoz CEO and Co-Founder. "They don't understand why customers can't find their information on the web or on their smartphones. GetListed puts power in the hands of local businesses--they make data essential to inbound marketing channels easily accessible. We're absolutely thrilled to fight the menace of data obfuscation at their side."
And from PointRoll, the acquisition of Rovion will allow for the fast creation of interactive FLASH and HTML5 display ads. Through the addition of the Rovion infrastruction, brands can create and distribute rich, interactive display units within minutes.
"As the ad industry continues to seek out ways to be more efficient and effective in the campaign development process, Composer will allow publishers, agencies and brands to develop and deliver interactive and engaging display executions, combine ad formats and functionality and simplify ad serving across desktop and mobile devices," said Oliver Knowlton, Chief Operating Officer, PointRoll. "We are thrilled to add Composer to our OnPoint platform and are pleased to be offering this new capability to our customers and partners."
The integration will include drag-and-drop functionality to ad creation, allow ads to be display across devices and including social interaction data for improved metrics.
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...