News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SEOmoz, PointRoll acquisitions push boundaries
Two new acquisitions should give brands a better foothold into the Interwebz. SEOmoz has acquired GetListed; the move should provide greater transparency to the online space for local businesses. Meanwhile, PointRoll has acquired Rovion, enabling the faster creation of rich media ads.
First, the SEOmoz/GetListed acquisition will add the GetListed toolset to the existing SEOmoz infrastructure should improve how local businesses and agencies approach SEO.
"Small businesses don't always know where local data is hiding," Rand Fishkin, SEOmoz CEO and Co-Founder. "They don't understand why customers can't find their information on the web or on their smartphones. GetListed puts power in the hands of local businesses--they make data essential to inbound marketing channels easily accessible. We're absolutely thrilled to fight the menace of data obfuscation at their side."
And from PointRoll, the acquisition of Rovion will allow for the fast creation of interactive FLASH and HTML5 display ads. Through the addition of the Rovion infrastruction, brands can create and distribute rich, interactive display units within minutes.
"As the ad industry continues to seek out ways to be more efficient and effective in the campaign development process, Composer will allow publishers, agencies and brands to develop and deliver interactive and engaging display executions, combine ad formats and functionality and simplify ad serving across desktop and mobile devices," said Oliver Knowlton, Chief Operating Officer, PointRoll. "We are thrilled to add Composer to our OnPoint platform and are pleased to be offering this new capability to our customers and partners."
The integration will include drag-and-drop functionality to ad creation, allow ads to be display across devices and including social interaction data for improved metrics.
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...