News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SEOmoz, PointRoll acquisitions push boundaries
Two new acquisitions should give brands a better foothold into the Interwebz. SEOmoz has acquired GetListed; the move should provide greater transparency to the online space for local businesses. Meanwhile, PointRoll has acquired Rovion, enabling the faster creation of rich media ads.
First, the SEOmoz/GetListed acquisition will add the GetListed toolset to the existing SEOmoz infrastructure should improve how local businesses and agencies approach SEO.
"Small businesses don't always know where local data is hiding," Rand Fishkin, SEOmoz CEO and Co-Founder. "They don't understand why customers can't find their information on the web or on their smartphones. GetListed puts power in the hands of local businesses--they make data essential to inbound marketing channels easily accessible. We're absolutely thrilled to fight the menace of data obfuscation at their side."
And from PointRoll, the acquisition of Rovion will allow for the fast creation of interactive FLASH and HTML5 display ads. Through the addition of the Rovion infrastruction, brands can create and distribute rich, interactive display units within minutes.
"As the ad industry continues to seek out ways to be more efficient and effective in the campaign development process, Composer will allow publishers, agencies and brands to develop and deliver interactive and engaging display executions, combine ad formats and functionality and simplify ad serving across desktop and mobile devices," said Oliver Knowlton, Chief Operating Officer, PointRoll. "We are thrilled to add Composer to our OnPoint platform and are pleased to be offering this new capability to our customers and partners."
The integration will include drag-and-drop functionality to ad creation, allow ads to be display across devices and including social interaction data for improved metrics.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...