News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Roambi: Bulk of data not used by businesses
While a lot of headlines are touting the benefits of Big Data, a new report out from Roambi indicates that while the data is there, businesses are utilizing it as they could. Up to half of business data is wasted, researchers found.
Researchers with Roambi found that most (67%) believe big data investments will be a key for 2013, as will mobile hardware (46%) and security (35%). But, while the respondents believe data is important about half say they only get value from about half of the data collected.
"The results of this survey further confirm to us that a more consumer-like and design-driven approach to business intelligence is becoming increasingly important when it comes to interacting with key business data," said Santiago Becerra, CEO, Roambi. "Dexterity, grace and ease-of-use are replacing struggle as Roambi customers find themselves able to visualize and mine data in more meaningful and useful ways."
Looking ahead, mobile is expected to help businesses better grasp what the data collected means. Nearly half (40%) said laptops were the best productivity tools, but tablets/smartphones ranked at the top of the list, as well. As for the most important mobile tools, respondents listed business intelligence apps (43%), CRM tools and Social Media as the most important mobile tools.
Other interesting findings include:
• Meetings were found to harm productivity the most
• Slide, Spreadsheet presentations were close behind
• 40% say about half their business takes place outside the office, via mobile devices
• 76% say they'll work remotely over the 2012 holidays
As for where businesses are making presentations, restaurants still top the list (15%), followed by airplanes (11%) and bars/golf courses (6%).
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...