News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Roambi: Bulk of data not used by businesses
While a lot of headlines are touting the benefits of Big Data, a new report out from Roambi indicates that while the data is there, businesses are utilizing it as they could. Up to half of business data is wasted, researchers found.
Researchers with Roambi found that most (67%) believe big data investments will be a key for 2013, as will mobile hardware (46%) and security (35%). But, while the respondents believe data is important about half say they only get value from about half of the data collected.
"The results of this survey further confirm to us that a more consumer-like and design-driven approach to business intelligence is becoming increasingly important when it comes to interacting with key business data," said Santiago Becerra, CEO, Roambi. "Dexterity, grace and ease-of-use are replacing struggle as Roambi customers find themselves able to visualize and mine data in more meaningful and useful ways."
Looking ahead, mobile is expected to help businesses better grasp what the data collected means. Nearly half (40%) said laptops were the best productivity tools, but tablets/smartphones ranked at the top of the list, as well. As for the most important mobile tools, respondents listed business intelligence apps (43%), CRM tools and Social Media as the most important mobile tools.
Other interesting findings include:
• Meetings were found to harm productivity the most
• Slide, Spreadsheet presentations were close behind
• 40% say about half their business takes place outside the office, via mobile devices
• 76% say they'll work remotely over the 2012 holidays
As for where businesses are making presentations, restaurants still top the list (15%), followed by airplanes (11%) and bars/golf courses (6%).
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...