News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Roambi: Bulk of data not used by businesses
While a lot of headlines are touting the benefits of Big Data, a new report out from Roambi indicates that while the data is there, businesses are utilizing it as they could. Up to half of business data is wasted, researchers found.
Researchers with Roambi found that most (67%) believe big data investments will be a key for 2013, as will mobile hardware (46%) and security (35%). But, while the respondents believe data is important about half say they only get value from about half of the data collected.
"The results of this survey further confirm to us that a more consumer-like and design-driven approach to business intelligence is becoming increasingly important when it comes to interacting with key business data," said Santiago Becerra, CEO, Roambi. "Dexterity, grace and ease-of-use are replacing struggle as Roambi customers find themselves able to visualize and mine data in more meaningful and useful ways."
Looking ahead, mobile is expected to help businesses better grasp what the data collected means. Nearly half (40%) said laptops were the best productivity tools, but tablets/smartphones ranked at the top of the list, as well. As for the most important mobile tools, respondents listed business intelligence apps (43%), CRM tools and Social Media as the most important mobile tools.
Other interesting findings include:
• Meetings were found to harm productivity the most
• Slide, Spreadsheet presentations were close behind
• 40% say about half their business takes place outside the office, via mobile devices
• 76% say they'll work remotely over the 2012 holidays
As for where businesses are making presentations, restaurants still top the list (15%), followed by airplanes (11%) and bars/golf courses (6%).
- Expert: Why brands should consider the subscription box
- Retail trends to watch for 2017
- Expert: Tips for a more productive 2017
- Consumers more likely to click on ads featuring user-generated photography
- Personalized offers on mobile drive consumers in-store
- Marketers prioritizing social media for product launches
- Reports: Mobile hot but not everyone is buying
- Ad Roundup: Acquisition, launch to add layers of control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...