News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Retail emails opened on mobile jumps 50% during Cyber Week
If you haven't optimized your emails for mobile you could be missing out on reaching a huge slice of your on-the-go audience. The latest data from email marketing firm Knotice reveals a huge jump in email opens from 2011.
During the manic shopping period around the 2012 Thanksgiving holiday, sometimes refered to as 'Cyber Week', there was a huge jump in the number of emails opened on a mobile device compared to the same period in 2011.
Knotice analyzed over 2.8 million emails and found a 50% increase in the number opened from a mobile device during the 2012 Thanksgiving retail frenzy period. Overall, 45% of emails sent by retailers were opened on a mobile device, including tablets.
These latest figures, set out in Knotice's Holiday Mobile Email Opens report - a companion to the company's bi-annual Mobile Email Opens Reports, can be viewed online.
According to the report, "In our last report, the steady growth in mobile email open rates for the first half of 2012 was solid. We saw mobile open rates trend up, approaching that future "mobile tipping point" when emails opened via mobile device surpass those opened via desktop/laptop computers. It seems for retailers, the tipping point is closer than ever."
Indeed, Knotice calls for a "mobile first" approach to email marketing, particularly as desktop opens show a steep decline in 2012 compared to 2011 (although desktop click activity remains considerably higher than mobile).
- New AI technology optimizes mobile video ad campaigns
- eSports' social following growing faster than traditional sports
- Omnichannel retail strategy key to SME success
- UK: Post-Brexit sees rise in overseas online orders
- Study: Time spent with top 100 apps up 10%
- Report: Best practices for loyalty programs
- Expert: How ad blocking is affecting brands now
- Google will penalize mobile websites with pesky pop-ups
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...