News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Retail emails opened on mobile jumps 50% during Cyber Week
If you haven't optimized your emails for mobile you could be missing out on reaching a huge slice of your on-the-go audience. The latest data from email marketing firm Knotice reveals a huge jump in email opens from 2011.
During the manic shopping period around the 2012 Thanksgiving holiday, sometimes refered to as 'Cyber Week', there was a huge jump in the number of emails opened on a mobile device compared to the same period in 2011.
Knotice analyzed over 2.8 million emails and found a 50% increase in the number opened from a mobile device during the 2012 Thanksgiving retail frenzy period. Overall, 45% of emails sent by retailers were opened on a mobile device, including tablets.
These latest figures, set out in Knotice's Holiday Mobile Email Opens report - a companion to the company's bi-annual Mobile Email Opens Reports, can be viewed online.
According to the report, "In our last report, the steady growth in mobile email open rates for the first half of 2012 was solid. We saw mobile open rates trend up, approaching that future "mobile tipping point" when emails opened via mobile device surpass those opened via desktop/laptop computers. It seems for retailers, the tipping point is closer than ever."
Indeed, Knotice calls for a "mobile first" approach to email marketing, particularly as desktop opens show a steep decline in 2012 compared to 2011 (although desktop click activity remains considerably higher than mobile).
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...