News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Retail emails opened on mobile jumps 50% during Cyber Week
If you haven't optimized your emails for mobile you could be missing out on reaching a huge slice of your on-the-go audience. The latest data from email marketing firm Knotice reveals a huge jump in email opens from 2011.
During the manic shopping period around the 2012 Thanksgiving holiday, sometimes refered to as 'Cyber Week', there was a huge jump in the number of emails opened on a mobile device compared to the same period in 2011.
Knotice analyzed over 2.8 million emails and found a 50% increase in the number opened from a mobile device during the 2012 Thanksgiving retail frenzy period. Overall, 45% of emails sent by retailers were opened on a mobile device, including tablets.
These latest figures, set out in Knotice's Holiday Mobile Email Opens report - a companion to the company's bi-annual Mobile Email Opens Reports, can be viewed online.
According to the report, "In our last report, the steady growth in mobile email open rates for the first half of 2012 was solid. We saw mobile open rates trend up, approaching that future "mobile tipping point" when emails opened via mobile device surpass those opened via desktop/laptop computers. It seems for retailers, the tipping point is closer than ever."
Indeed, Knotice calls for a "mobile first" approach to email marketing, particularly as desktop opens show a steep decline in 2012 compared to 2011 (although desktop click activity remains considerably higher than mobile).
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....