News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Retail emails opened on mobile jumps 50% during Cyber Week
If you haven't optimized your emails for mobile you could be missing out on reaching a huge slice of your on-the-go audience. The latest data from email marketing firm Knotice reveals a huge jump in email opens from 2011.
During the manic shopping period around the 2012 Thanksgiving holiday, sometimes refered to as 'Cyber Week', there was a huge jump in the number of emails opened on a mobile device compared to the same period in 2011.
Knotice analyzed over 2.8 million emails and found a 50% increase in the number opened from a mobile device during the 2012 Thanksgiving retail frenzy period. Overall, 45% of emails sent by retailers were opened on a mobile device, including tablets.
These latest figures, set out in Knotice's Holiday Mobile Email Opens report - a companion to the company's bi-annual Mobile Email Opens Reports, can be viewed online.
According to the report, "In our last report, the steady growth in mobile email open rates for the first half of 2012 was solid. We saw mobile open rates trend up, approaching that future "mobile tipping point" when emails opened via mobile device surpass those opened via desktop/laptop computers. It seems for retailers, the tipping point is closer than ever."
Indeed, Knotice calls for a "mobile first" approach to email marketing, particularly as desktop opens show a steep decline in 2012 compared to 2011 (although desktop click activity remains considerably higher than mobile).
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...