News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Retail emails opened on mobile jumps 50% during Cyber Week
If you haven't optimized your emails for mobile you could be missing out on reaching a huge slice of your on-the-go audience. The latest data from email marketing firm Knotice reveals a huge jump in email opens from 2011.
During the manic shopping period around the 2012 Thanksgiving holiday, sometimes refered to as 'Cyber Week', there was a huge jump in the number of emails opened on a mobile device compared to the same period in 2011.
Knotice analyzed over 2.8 million emails and found a 50% increase in the number opened from a mobile device during the 2012 Thanksgiving retail frenzy period. Overall, 45% of emails sent by retailers were opened on a mobile device, including tablets.
These latest figures, set out in Knotice's Holiday Mobile Email Opens report - a companion to the company's bi-annual Mobile Email Opens Reports, can be viewed online.
According to the report, "In our last report, the steady growth in mobile email open rates for the first half of 2012 was solid. We saw mobile open rates trend up, approaching that future "mobile tipping point" when emails opened via mobile device surpass those opened via desktop/laptop computers. It seems for retailers, the tipping point is closer than ever."
Indeed, Knotice calls for a "mobile first" approach to email marketing, particularly as desktop opens show a steep decline in 2012 compared to 2011 (although desktop click activity remains considerably higher than mobile).
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...