News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Shoppers headed online to buy, save
As more holiday shoppers hit the Internet to find last-minute deals, they're also looking specifically for deals. Or coupons and promo codes. New data out from BuyVia finds that more than half of shoppers are going online to find coupons.
According to a recent BuyVia study digital coupons are playing a growing role in ecommerce. Their research shows:
• 56% of shoppers find holiday coupons on retailer websites, 55% from rewards programs
• 42% are using promo codes online to save money
• Half will use coupons over the 2012 holidays
Researchers also found that most holiday shoppers (56%) want deals/coupons pushed to them via mobile device. Dollars-off deals are the most popular offer (preferred by 34$) followed by percentage off (31% prefer) and free shipping (29% prefer).
"With the rise of "showrooming" or price comparing in-store before making a purchase online, it's no surprise that consumers are interested in receiving push notification deals in real time based on location," said Norman Fong, CEO and Co-Founder of BuyVia.com.
Meanwhile, comScore notes that the week of December 10 saw shoppers spend $5 billion online. Three individual days have now hit the $1 billion mark - Black Friday ($1.042 billion), Cyber Monday ($1.465 billion) and Green Monday ($1.275 billion); to date the 2012 holidays have seen shoppers spend nearly $34 billion online.
"This past workweek saw four days surpass the billion dollar spending threshold during the heaviest five-day online shopping period on record," said comScore chairman Gian Fulgoni. "With this most recent week in the books, the peak spending period may now be in our rear-view-mirror - but the online holiday shopping season is not over yet. We should have one more headline day on Free Shipping Day this Monday the 17th as the procrastinators among us scramble to order gifts in time for Christmas next week. For the season-to-date, the growth rate based on corresponding days last year is 13 percent. But, with two extra shopping days between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, we still expect that the full season will realize a growth rate well north of 13 percent."
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...