News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Shoppers headed online to buy, save
As more holiday shoppers hit the Internet to find last-minute deals, they're also looking specifically for deals. Or coupons and promo codes. New data out from BuyVia finds that more than half of shoppers are going online to find coupons.
According to a recent BuyVia study digital coupons are playing a growing role in ecommerce. Their research shows:
• 56% of shoppers find holiday coupons on retailer websites, 55% from rewards programs
• 42% are using promo codes online to save money
• Half will use coupons over the 2012 holidays
Researchers also found that most holiday shoppers (56%) want deals/coupons pushed to them via mobile device. Dollars-off deals are the most popular offer (preferred by 34$) followed by percentage off (31% prefer) and free shipping (29% prefer).
"With the rise of "showrooming" or price comparing in-store before making a purchase online, it's no surprise that consumers are interested in receiving push notification deals in real time based on location," said Norman Fong, CEO and Co-Founder of BuyVia.com.
Meanwhile, comScore notes that the week of December 10 saw shoppers spend $5 billion online. Three individual days have now hit the $1 billion mark - Black Friday ($1.042 billion), Cyber Monday ($1.465 billion) and Green Monday ($1.275 billion); to date the 2012 holidays have seen shoppers spend nearly $34 billion online.
"This past workweek saw four days surpass the billion dollar spending threshold during the heaviest five-day online shopping period on record," said comScore chairman Gian Fulgoni. "With this most recent week in the books, the peak spending period may now be in our rear-view-mirror - but the online holiday shopping season is not over yet. We should have one more headline day on Free Shipping Day this Monday the 17th as the procrastinators among us scramble to order gifts in time for Christmas next week. For the season-to-date, the growth rate based on corresponding days last year is 13 percent. But, with two extra shopping days between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, we still expect that the full season will realize a growth rate well north of 13 percent."
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....