News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Rewards, choices more engaging for mobile users
When it comes to mobile engagement, a new study out from Forrester and Tapjoy indicates marketers will have more luck if they offer more choices and better rewards. The report further underlines the fact that mobile consumers engage differently than typical online consumers - and find many 'traditional' ad formats interruptive rather than engaging.
According to the research:
• 70% of respondents find 'auto-served', in-app ads interruptive
• 17% find in-app ads 'interesting'
• 14% say in-app ads are 'relevant'
• 33% of current smartphone users say they would prefer ad-supported app models
"We've long believed that the advertising tactics that worked for the web aren't optimal for mobile," said Peter Dille, CMO, Tapjoy. "We're thrilled that a respected third party like Forrester Consulting has confirmed our beliefs about consumer attitudes toward incentivized advertising. This study shows that Tapjoy has pioneered a highly effective and unique advertising vehicle for mobile. Not only do consumers understand the value exchange concept and expect advertisements in their free-to-play apps, but participating in a value exchange model like Tapjoy can dramatically increase the relevance and level of engagement of an advertisement. Advertisers need to be considerate of user experience more than ever before."
What's a mobile brand to do if consumers don't find the current crop of in-app ads engaging and the serving of those ads to be interruptive? Researchers offer these suggestions:
• Give the consumer control - 40% said selecting an ad format increased relevance, opt-in ads were also found relevant
• 68% say they prefer ads that don't interrupt app use
• 59% say rewards for engaging/interacting with apps would be acceptable
Tapjoy commissioned Forrester Consulting for the study.
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....