News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Rewards, choices more engaging for mobile users
When it comes to mobile engagement, a new study out from Forrester and Tapjoy indicates marketers will have more luck if they offer more choices and better rewards. The report further underlines the fact that mobile consumers engage differently than typical online consumers - and find many 'traditional' ad formats interruptive rather than engaging.
According to the research:
• 70% of respondents find 'auto-served', in-app ads interruptive
• 17% find in-app ads 'interesting'
• 14% say in-app ads are 'relevant'
• 33% of current smartphone users say they would prefer ad-supported app models
"We've long believed that the advertising tactics that worked for the web aren't optimal for mobile," said Peter Dille, CMO, Tapjoy. "We're thrilled that a respected third party like Forrester Consulting has confirmed our beliefs about consumer attitudes toward incentivized advertising. This study shows that Tapjoy has pioneered a highly effective and unique advertising vehicle for mobile. Not only do consumers understand the value exchange concept and expect advertisements in their free-to-play apps, but participating in a value exchange model like Tapjoy can dramatically increase the relevance and level of engagement of an advertisement. Advertisers need to be considerate of user experience more than ever before."
What's a mobile brand to do if consumers don't find the current crop of in-app ads engaging and the serving of those ads to be interruptive? Researchers offer these suggestions:
• Give the consumer control - 40% said selecting an ad format increased relevance, opt-in ads were also found relevant
• 68% say they prefer ads that don't interrupt app use
• 59% say rewards for engaging/interacting with apps would be acceptable
Tapjoy commissioned Forrester Consulting for the study.
- Top 3 tips to harness dark social data
- Report: M:Commerce share up one-third
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...