News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Rewards, choices more engaging for mobile users
When it comes to mobile engagement, a new study out from Forrester and Tapjoy indicates marketers will have more luck if they offer more choices and better rewards. The report further underlines the fact that mobile consumers engage differently than typical online consumers - and find many 'traditional' ad formats interruptive rather than engaging.
According to the research:
• 70% of respondents find 'auto-served', in-app ads interruptive
• 17% find in-app ads 'interesting'
• 14% say in-app ads are 'relevant'
• 33% of current smartphone users say they would prefer ad-supported app models
"We've long believed that the advertising tactics that worked for the web aren't optimal for mobile," said Peter Dille, CMO, Tapjoy. "We're thrilled that a respected third party like Forrester Consulting has confirmed our beliefs about consumer attitudes toward incentivized advertising. This study shows that Tapjoy has pioneered a highly effective and unique advertising vehicle for mobile. Not only do consumers understand the value exchange concept and expect advertisements in their free-to-play apps, but participating in a value exchange model like Tapjoy can dramatically increase the relevance and level of engagement of an advertisement. Advertisers need to be considerate of user experience more than ever before."
What's a mobile brand to do if consumers don't find the current crop of in-app ads engaging and the serving of those ads to be interruptive? Researchers offer these suggestions:
• Give the consumer control - 40% said selecting an ad format increased relevance, opt-in ads were also found relevant
• 68% say they prefer ads that don't interrupt app use
• 59% say rewards for engaging/interacting with apps would be acceptable
Tapjoy commissioned Forrester Consulting for the study.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...