News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Rewards, choices more engaging for mobile users
When it comes to mobile engagement, a new study out from Forrester and Tapjoy indicates marketers will have more luck if they offer more choices and better rewards. The report further underlines the fact that mobile consumers engage differently than typical online consumers - and find many 'traditional' ad formats interruptive rather than engaging.
According to the research:
• 70% of respondents find 'auto-served', in-app ads interruptive
• 17% find in-app ads 'interesting'
• 14% say in-app ads are 'relevant'
• 33% of current smartphone users say they would prefer ad-supported app models
"We've long believed that the advertising tactics that worked for the web aren't optimal for mobile," said Peter Dille, CMO, Tapjoy. "We're thrilled that a respected third party like Forrester Consulting has confirmed our beliefs about consumer attitudes toward incentivized advertising. This study shows that Tapjoy has pioneered a highly effective and unique advertising vehicle for mobile. Not only do consumers understand the value exchange concept and expect advertisements in their free-to-play apps, but participating in a value exchange model like Tapjoy can dramatically increase the relevance and level of engagement of an advertisement. Advertisers need to be considerate of user experience more than ever before."
What's a mobile brand to do if consumers don't find the current crop of in-app ads engaging and the serving of those ads to be interruptive? Researchers offer these suggestions:
• Give the consumer control - 40% said selecting an ad format increased relevance, opt-in ads were also found relevant
• 68% say they prefer ads that don't interrupt app use
• 59% say rewards for engaging/interacting with apps would be acceptable
Tapjoy commissioned Forrester Consulting for the study.
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...