News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Gadget buyers influenced by video
When it comes to buying a new GPS device, tablet or hand-held game, video is on the side of the manufacturer and retailer. New data out from IDA TechNetwork finds that video content influences more gadget buyers to complete sales.
More than $5 billion has been spent online in the past week by American consumers according to comScore, and a large chunk of that spend has been pushed into the consumer electronics - gadget - sector. While Digital Content and Subscriptions accounts for the bulk of the spend (25%), Consumer Electronics accounts for 17% and Video Games/Consoles/Accessories account for 16%.
According to researchers nearly all (9 in 10) say they watch video content about tech products; 55 million of those surveyed say they are 'frequent viewers' of tech related content. Added incentive - they're not just watching from PC; these consumers are watching mobile clips (23%) as well.
Now, to engage these consumers brands need to be in the right place at the right time - and those places may not be big review or recommendation sites. Most respondents (78%) say they relay on 'specialty content sites' and many say they're most loyal to niche tech sites.
Once brands have found the buyers, they have to engage and to do that, IDG's researchers found original content is the best bet. While some viewers were engaged by 'traditional' 30-second video spots most (90%) say they were influenced by product demonstration clips or views. Other customers' testimonials were also found to be influential (80%).
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....