News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Content spending to spike in '13
Looking ahead to 2013, content is expected to get a second or maybe third glance from brands. That according to a recent Custom Content Council/ContentWise survey, which predicts that branded content spending will increase in the New Year.
The survey notes that over the past two year branded content spending has increased by more than 10% to reach $1.64 million; most (79%) of survey respondents said their companies are moving to branded content either 'moderately' or 'aggressively'.
"The stability of brand content spend in the face of overall marketing budget decline proves the staying power and efficacy of content marketing," said Lori Rosen, Executive Director, Custom Content Council. "This notable growth outcome is motivating brands to outsource at record levels."
More than half of respondents said their company had out-sourced some part of their content creation for 2012. Other interesting findings include:
• 44% spend the bulk of content budgets on personnel while 37% spend it on production (print)
• 57% spend the bulk of content budgets on personnel, 26% on production (electronic)
• Companies spent $371,364 on outsourced content creation (average)
• Spending per company reached $1.725 million (2011-2012)
• 38% say content budgets will increase in 2013
Why branded, customized content? Of those surveyed most said content was used to educate customer, build brand loyalty and upsell/retain existing customers.
One interesting finding: content is being used across channels with slight tweaks for different platforms. Those surveyed said content was being created for print and then re-purposed for online use and social networks.
- Survey: SMBs getting out the vote
- Research reveals number of mobile loyalty schemes to double by 2020
- Laptops more popular than mobile for travel research
- Super Bowl: 82% of searches driven by TV ads made on mobile
- Super Bowl winners and losers
- Report: Time spent on mobile skewing to apps
- Study: Loyalty higher for mall-wide programs
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
Featured White Papers
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...