News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Content spending to spike in '13
Looking ahead to 2013, content is expected to get a second or maybe third glance from brands. That according to a recent Custom Content Council/ContentWise survey, which predicts that branded content spending will increase in the New Year.
The survey notes that over the past two year branded content spending has increased by more than 10% to reach $1.64 million; most (79%) of survey respondents said their companies are moving to branded content either 'moderately' or 'aggressively'.
"The stability of brand content spend in the face of overall marketing budget decline proves the staying power and efficacy of content marketing," said Lori Rosen, Executive Director, Custom Content Council. "This notable growth outcome is motivating brands to outsource at record levels."
More than half of respondents said their company had out-sourced some part of their content creation for 2012. Other interesting findings include:
• 44% spend the bulk of content budgets on personnel while 37% spend it on production (print)
• 57% spend the bulk of content budgets on personnel, 26% on production (electronic)
• Companies spent $371,364 on outsourced content creation (average)
• Spending per company reached $1.725 million (2011-2012)
• 38% say content budgets will increase in 2013
Why branded, customized content? Of those surveyed most said content was used to educate customer, build brand loyalty and upsell/retain existing customers.
One interesting finding: content is being used across channels with slight tweaks for different platforms. Those surveyed said content was being created for print and then re-purposed for online use and social networks.
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
- How to tell if interactions are successful or not
- Report: In case of emergency, try cell
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Home pages of retail websites failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
Featured White Papers
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...