News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Partnership rewards gamers with real-world goods
A new partnership between SocialVibe and Placecast will change the way gamers engage with ads and how advertisers engage with gamers. Through the partnership Placecast will power geo-fences for SocialVibe advertisers, offering virtual currency as well as real-world discounts and offers to gamers.
BestBuy is the first brand to adopt the program.
"We're excited about our partnership with Placecast because of the scale it provides. With SMS, there's no app to build or download," said Chris LoRusso, Director of Business Development, SocialVibe. "Using geofencing and SMS to deliver virtual currency rewards and brand messaging makes sense because it's always on, cuts through the clutter, and allows us to extend the brand experience out into the physical world, providing a great value to our clients."
Here's how the partnership works: a consumer is playing an online game, when they reach a certain point, as ad appears. If the consumer chooses to engage with that ad they're offered more game points and a store discount; that discount is delivered via SMS when the consumer is within a geo-fenced area. The discounts can also be triggered as a consumer is surfing the web, and because the offers are opt-in there is already a built-in relevance between the consumer and brand.
"Our partnership with SocialVibe and their industry leading engagement platform provides a unique application of our geo-triggered mobile marketing platform," said Alistair Goodman, Placecast CEO. "This is the first time that we've gotten to explore the convergence of online gaming, mobile marketing, geofencing and retail stores. This promises to give brands and marketers a powerful new tool to increase brand engagement online, while increasing store traffic offline at the same time."
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...