News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Partnership rewards gamers with real-world goods
A new partnership between SocialVibe and Placecast will change the way gamers engage with ads and how advertisers engage with gamers. Through the partnership Placecast will power geo-fences for SocialVibe advertisers, offering virtual currency as well as real-world discounts and offers to gamers.
BestBuy is the first brand to adopt the program.
"We're excited about our partnership with Placecast because of the scale it provides. With SMS, there's no app to build or download," said Chris LoRusso, Director of Business Development, SocialVibe. "Using geofencing and SMS to deliver virtual currency rewards and brand messaging makes sense because it's always on, cuts through the clutter, and allows us to extend the brand experience out into the physical world, providing a great value to our clients."
Here's how the partnership works: a consumer is playing an online game, when they reach a certain point, as ad appears. If the consumer chooses to engage with that ad they're offered more game points and a store discount; that discount is delivered via SMS when the consumer is within a geo-fenced area. The discounts can also be triggered as a consumer is surfing the web, and because the offers are opt-in there is already a built-in relevance between the consumer and brand.
"Our partnership with SocialVibe and their industry leading engagement platform provides a unique application of our geo-triggered mobile marketing platform," said Alistair Goodman, Placecast CEO. "This is the first time that we've gotten to explore the convergence of online gaming, mobile marketing, geofencing and retail stores. This promises to give brands and marketers a powerful new tool to increase brand engagement online, while increasing store traffic offline at the same time."
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...