News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Partnership rewards gamers with real-world goods
A new partnership between SocialVibe and Placecast will change the way gamers engage with ads and how advertisers engage with gamers. Through the partnership Placecast will power geo-fences for SocialVibe advertisers, offering virtual currency as well as real-world discounts and offers to gamers.
BestBuy is the first brand to adopt the program.
"We're excited about our partnership with Placecast because of the scale it provides. With SMS, there's no app to build or download," said Chris LoRusso, Director of Business Development, SocialVibe. "Using geofencing and SMS to deliver virtual currency rewards and brand messaging makes sense because it's always on, cuts through the clutter, and allows us to extend the brand experience out into the physical world, providing a great value to our clients."
Here's how the partnership works: a consumer is playing an online game, when they reach a certain point, as ad appears. If the consumer chooses to engage with that ad they're offered more game points and a store discount; that discount is delivered via SMS when the consumer is within a geo-fenced area. The discounts can also be triggered as a consumer is surfing the web, and because the offers are opt-in there is already a built-in relevance between the consumer and brand.
"Our partnership with SocialVibe and their industry leading engagement platform provides a unique application of our geo-triggered mobile marketing platform," said Alistair Goodman, Placecast CEO. "This is the first time that we've gotten to explore the convergence of online gaming, mobile marketing, geofencing and retail stores. This promises to give brands and marketers a powerful new tool to increase brand engagement online, while increasing store traffic offline at the same time."
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...