News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Partnership rewards gamers with real-world goods
A new partnership between SocialVibe and Placecast will change the way gamers engage with ads and how advertisers engage with gamers. Through the partnership Placecast will power geo-fences for SocialVibe advertisers, offering virtual currency as well as real-world discounts and offers to gamers.
BestBuy is the first brand to adopt the program.
"We're excited about our partnership with Placecast because of the scale it provides. With SMS, there's no app to build or download," said Chris LoRusso, Director of Business Development, SocialVibe. "Using geofencing and SMS to deliver virtual currency rewards and brand messaging makes sense because it's always on, cuts through the clutter, and allows us to extend the brand experience out into the physical world, providing a great value to our clients."
Here's how the partnership works: a consumer is playing an online game, when they reach a certain point, as ad appears. If the consumer chooses to engage with that ad they're offered more game points and a store discount; that discount is delivered via SMS when the consumer is within a geo-fenced area. The discounts can also be triggered as a consumer is surfing the web, and because the offers are opt-in there is already a built-in relevance between the consumer and brand.
"Our partnership with SocialVibe and their industry leading engagement platform provides a unique application of our geo-triggered mobile marketing platform," said Alistair Goodman, Placecast CEO. "This is the first time that we've gotten to explore the convergence of online gaming, mobile marketing, geofencing and retail stores. This promises to give brands and marketers a powerful new tool to increase brand engagement online, while increasing store traffic offline at the same time."
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...