News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New Android app helps you spend a penny
I don't know about you, but I tend to leave my smartphone well alone when I'm in the toilet. However, if I had a few thousand dollars to spare, I could be persuaded to fiddle with my phone in the lavatory thanks to a new, hands-free, Bluetooth connected model.
The clever, and toilet-obsessed, Japanese have done it again. Not satisfied with their current ranges of intelligent toilets, Japanese housing equipment manufacturer Lixil has launched a range of Bluetooth toilets.
That's right. The Bluetooth connected toilets can be controlled by an Android app. Handy for that segment of the population who admit to tinkering with their smartphones while on the throne.
Lixil's new Satis range means you'll never need to get your hands dirty when doing your business. The associated app can raise the toilet seat, flush, and even activate a bidet stream. If that's not enough, the app can also play your favorite bowel movement music and will keep track of your toilet habits in diary form.
Thankfully there does not appear to be a "Share This" function within the app.
The app can recognize when you are approaching a compatible Satis model and will set up the toilet to your pre-determined likings. Of course, the pranksters among you will already be smirking and wondering just how much fun could be had taking control of a friend's toilet session.
The My Satis app is free, but you'll need to spend a pile for the toilet itself ($2,385 to $4,657). That's a lot of money to flush away.
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....