News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mogreet: iPhone users most engaged mobile segment
A new report from Mogreet shows that Apple's iPhone holds the most engaged mobile consumers. According to Mogreet half of those opting in to text messaging programs use iPhones; this despite the fact Apple holds only a 34% smartphone market share.
Android, meanwhile, holds a 52% market share but account for only 34% of opted in text message programs.
"Rapid smartphone adoption is responsible for a significant growth in multimedia creation and sharing on mobile devices, and in particular the MMS channel. The rise in MMS' traffic can be attributed to the proliferation of high-quality cameras and improved screens on smartphones and the simplicity of sharing this content via MMS that works ubiquitously across all handsets and carriers. We expect this trend to continue in 2013, and marketers would do well to take advantage," said James Citron, CEO and co-founder of Mogreet. "As the penetration of smartphones continues to climb, today's marketers have the opportunity to engage with their customers with technology that is now native to the end user. Text message marketing, mobile video and MMS - now supported by 97 percent of all U.S. mobile devices - are a perfect way to extend storytelling, as well as extending brand relationship to the devices consumers use most - the mobile phone."
Other interesting findings include:
• AT&T users make up 30% of opt-in SMS/MMS consumption, Verizon 29% and Sprint 18%
• Laredo (TEXAS), Orlando (Florida) and Atlanta (Georgia) make up the top regions opting in to SMS/MMS messaging programs
• Apple/iPhone makes up 50% of SMS/MMS program deliveries, Samsung (16%) and LG (9%)
While one smartphone platform shouldn't be ignored in favor of another, the research is an indicator that brands should ensure their ads are iPhone friendly - that they're built using HTML5 rather than flash, for example, and that ads are optimized for iPhone screens.
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...