News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mogreet: iPhone users most engaged mobile segment
A new report from Mogreet shows that Apple's iPhone holds the most engaged mobile consumers. According to Mogreet half of those opting in to text messaging programs use iPhones; this despite the fact Apple holds only a 34% smartphone market share.
Android, meanwhile, holds a 52% market share but account for only 34% of opted in text message programs.
"Rapid smartphone adoption is responsible for a significant growth in multimedia creation and sharing on mobile devices, and in particular the MMS channel. The rise in MMS' traffic can be attributed to the proliferation of high-quality cameras and improved screens on smartphones and the simplicity of sharing this content via MMS that works ubiquitously across all handsets and carriers. We expect this trend to continue in 2013, and marketers would do well to take advantage," said James Citron, CEO and co-founder of Mogreet. "As the penetration of smartphones continues to climb, today's marketers have the opportunity to engage with their customers with technology that is now native to the end user. Text message marketing, mobile video and MMS - now supported by 97 percent of all U.S. mobile devices - are a perfect way to extend storytelling, as well as extending brand relationship to the devices consumers use most - the mobile phone."
Other interesting findings include:
• AT&T users make up 30% of opt-in SMS/MMS consumption, Verizon 29% and Sprint 18%
• Laredo (TEXAS), Orlando (Florida) and Atlanta (Georgia) make up the top regions opting in to SMS/MMS messaging programs
• Apple/iPhone makes up 50% of SMS/MMS program deliveries, Samsung (16%) and LG (9%)
While one smartphone platform shouldn't be ignored in favor of another, the research is an indicator that brands should ensure their ads are iPhone friendly - that they're built using HTML5 rather than flash, for example, and that ads are optimized for iPhone screens.
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...