News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mogreet: iPhone users most engaged mobile segment
A new report from Mogreet shows that Apple's iPhone holds the most engaged mobile consumers. According to Mogreet half of those opting in to text messaging programs use iPhones; this despite the fact Apple holds only a 34% smartphone market share.
Android, meanwhile, holds a 52% market share but account for only 34% of opted in text message programs.
"Rapid smartphone adoption is responsible for a significant growth in multimedia creation and sharing on mobile devices, and in particular the MMS channel. The rise in MMS' traffic can be attributed to the proliferation of high-quality cameras and improved screens on smartphones and the simplicity of sharing this content via MMS that works ubiquitously across all handsets and carriers. We expect this trend to continue in 2013, and marketers would do well to take advantage," said James Citron, CEO and co-founder of Mogreet. "As the penetration of smartphones continues to climb, today's marketers have the opportunity to engage with their customers with technology that is now native to the end user. Text message marketing, mobile video and MMS - now supported by 97 percent of all U.S. mobile devices - are a perfect way to extend storytelling, as well as extending brand relationship to the devices consumers use most - the mobile phone."
Other interesting findings include:
• AT&T users make up 30% of opt-in SMS/MMS consumption, Verizon 29% and Sprint 18%
• Laredo (TEXAS), Orlando (Florida) and Atlanta (Georgia) make up the top regions opting in to SMS/MMS messaging programs
• Apple/iPhone makes up 50% of SMS/MMS program deliveries, Samsung (16%) and LG (9%)
While one smartphone platform shouldn't be ignored in favor of another, the research is an indicator that brands should ensure their ads are iPhone friendly - that they're built using HTML5 rather than flash, for example, and that ads are optimized for iPhone screens.
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...