News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mogreet: iPhone users most engaged mobile segment
A new report from Mogreet shows that Apple's iPhone holds the most engaged mobile consumers. According to Mogreet half of those opting in to text messaging programs use iPhones; this despite the fact Apple holds only a 34% smartphone market share.
Android, meanwhile, holds a 52% market share but account for only 34% of opted in text message programs.
"Rapid smartphone adoption is responsible for a significant growth in multimedia creation and sharing on mobile devices, and in particular the MMS channel. The rise in MMS' traffic can be attributed to the proliferation of high-quality cameras and improved screens on smartphones and the simplicity of sharing this content via MMS that works ubiquitously across all handsets and carriers. We expect this trend to continue in 2013, and marketers would do well to take advantage," said James Citron, CEO and co-founder of Mogreet. "As the penetration of smartphones continues to climb, today's marketers have the opportunity to engage with their customers with technology that is now native to the end user. Text message marketing, mobile video and MMS - now supported by 97 percent of all U.S. mobile devices - are a perfect way to extend storytelling, as well as extending brand relationship to the devices consumers use most - the mobile phone."
Other interesting findings include:
• AT&T users make up 30% of opt-in SMS/MMS consumption, Verizon 29% and Sprint 18%
• Laredo (TEXAS), Orlando (Florida) and Atlanta (Georgia) make up the top regions opting in to SMS/MMS messaging programs
• Apple/iPhone makes up 50% of SMS/MMS program deliveries, Samsung (16%) and LG (9%)
While one smartphone platform shouldn't be ignored in favor of another, the research is an indicator that brands should ensure their ads are iPhone friendly - that they're built using HTML5 rather than flash, for example, and that ads are optimized for iPhone screens.
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
- Why the press release is (still) not dead
- Expert: Why B2Bers need social
- Is your branded content memorable?
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...