News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
J2 Global: Why small businesses need connections for 2013
As the New Year's countdown continues, brands are beginning to look away from holiday sales and toward finalizing plans for 2013. For smaller businesses, j2 Global predicts 2013 will be all about connections through mobile and social.
First, the mobile strand for 2013. J2 Global predicts that, as shoppers become more mobile so will the work force, and that should push smaller businesses further into the mobile space to engage. But, it won't be enough to put up a mobile-optimized site, their experts suggest that online brands need to invent in mobile CRM so that teams can meet from across the country to develop marketing plans.
"SMBs have already adopted smartphones and tablets for email and web browsing but will now add a broader array of mobile apps for their businesses to be even more connected, more available, and more able to productively use those moments of time that are otherwise lost," writes the company.
As for a small business help, j2 Global believes 2 in every 3 small businesses will push into the cloud for services like phone/fax and payroll.
"Small businesses will increase their technology IQ as cloud computing and anything-as-a-service (XaaS) become the default choice for how SMBs leverage technology. Over the next few years, SMBs and micro businesses will reconsider purchases for telephony (phone and fax), web and mail servers, and data backup," writes the company. "They will opt for the lower barrier to entry, flexibility and virtual/remote capabilities of cloud options over the space and location restrictions of premise-based solutions."
Finally, they suggest that more SMBs will upgrade their systems to create a more balanced and whole marketing product and to ensure the core message of the company remains clear.
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
- Kinetic email boosts unique click and click-to-open rates
- Study: GenX, Y most likely to BOPIS
- Experts: Why points aren't enough for loyalty
- How to win the Amazon Buy Box
- More brands building relationships with bloggers
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...