News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
J2 Global: Why small businesses need connections for 2013
As the New Year's countdown continues, brands are beginning to look away from holiday sales and toward finalizing plans for 2013. For smaller businesses, j2 Global predicts 2013 will be all about connections through mobile and social.
First, the mobile strand for 2013. J2 Global predicts that, as shoppers become more mobile so will the work force, and that should push smaller businesses further into the mobile space to engage. But, it won't be enough to put up a mobile-optimized site, their experts suggest that online brands need to invent in mobile CRM so that teams can meet from across the country to develop marketing plans.
"SMBs have already adopted smartphones and tablets for email and web browsing but will now add a broader array of mobile apps for their businesses to be even more connected, more available, and more able to productively use those moments of time that are otherwise lost," writes the company.
As for a small business help, j2 Global believes 2 in every 3 small businesses will push into the cloud for services like phone/fax and payroll.
"Small businesses will increase their technology IQ as cloud computing and anything-as-a-service (XaaS) become the default choice for how SMBs leverage technology. Over the next few years, SMBs and micro businesses will reconsider purchases for telephony (phone and fax), web and mail servers, and data backup," writes the company. "They will opt for the lower barrier to entry, flexibility and virtual/remote capabilities of cloud options over the space and location restrictions of premise-based solutions."
Finally, they suggest that more SMBs will upgrade their systems to create a more balanced and whole marketing product and to ensure the core message of the company remains clear.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...