News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
J2 Global: Why small businesses need connections for 2013
As the New Year's countdown continues, brands are beginning to look away from holiday sales and toward finalizing plans for 2013. For smaller businesses, j2 Global predicts 2013 will be all about connections through mobile and social.
First, the mobile strand for 2013. J2 Global predicts that, as shoppers become more mobile so will the work force, and that should push smaller businesses further into the mobile space to engage. But, it won't be enough to put up a mobile-optimized site, their experts suggest that online brands need to invent in mobile CRM so that teams can meet from across the country to develop marketing plans.
"SMBs have already adopted smartphones and tablets for email and web browsing but will now add a broader array of mobile apps for their businesses to be even more connected, more available, and more able to productively use those moments of time that are otherwise lost," writes the company.
As for a small business help, j2 Global believes 2 in every 3 small businesses will push into the cloud for services like phone/fax and payroll.
"Small businesses will increase their technology IQ as cloud computing and anything-as-a-service (XaaS) become the default choice for how SMBs leverage technology. Over the next few years, SMBs and micro businesses will reconsider purchases for telephony (phone and fax), web and mail servers, and data backup," writes the company. "They will opt for the lower barrier to entry, flexibility and virtual/remote capabilities of cloud options over the space and location restrictions of premise-based solutions."
Finally, they suggest that more SMBs will upgrade their systems to create a more balanced and whole marketing product and to ensure the core message of the company remains clear.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...