News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Is your website's captcha putting off mobile users?
Captchas have proved to be a popular security feature online, but when consumers are forced to use them on a mobile device they can be fiddly and frustrating to use, and can result in site abandonment.
Around two-thirds of shoppers will give up and shop elsewhere when presented with frustrating processes and roadblocks to purchases.
One of those frustrations, identified in research by Virtual Hold Technology, was completing captchas. A captcha, or 'Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart', is a challenge used on websites to verify that engagement with a website is being performed by a human and not generated by a computer. They are used to block bots and prevent all types of spam, scrapers and other malicious attacks.
They can be frustrating and fiddly to complete on a desktop computer, so imagine how hard they are to get past on a mobile device. The mobile device's autocorrect kicks in and attempts to correct the weird number/letter combinations which, in turn, leads to rejection and requests to try again, or they can be hard to decipher in the first place.
Others formats include gamifying the captcha experience such as PlayThru's solution, image-based puzzles such as visualCaptcha or task-oriented challenges that are impossible for virtual intelligence to carry out, such as sliders (Distcha) or MotionCaptcha.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...