News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iProspect: What to look for in 2013
With technology moving faster than ever some businesses are looking for better ways to engage consumers and improve their bottom lines. iProspect believes the three keys to 2013 will be data, social and a possible rival to search giant Google.
First up, Google. Says Dustin Engel with iProspect, Google's time may be coming.
"Google is dominant, we all know that. Google also innovates well for their size. However, its core revenue stream is based on the concept of providing the consumer with "potential results." It's only a matter of time before some scrappy collegiate engineers actually find a way to get you "the result." Maybe it's based on location tied to intent. Maybe it's the foundation of Skynet," said Dustin Engel, Executive Vice President, West, iProspect.
Engle also believe analytics will continue to be a big factor for businesses in 2013 because brands need quality data analysis to improve their campaign ROI's.
"Quantitative marketing artists will be at a premium. Due to the exponential growth in data and advertisers' appetite to gain insights and action from that data, quantitative skill sets coupled with media knowledge will be hard to come by," said Engel.
Finally, he believes social will become even more important and grab more attention from within brands, both large and small.
"Brands will end the tireless effort to position their brand in the social arena which comes off as ingenuous and disconnected. They will instead find the social meaning in their brand. They will spend time, effort, money and resources to determine how their brand can springboard a movement across convergent media and technology," said Engel.
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...