News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iProspect: What to look for in 2013
With technology moving faster than ever some businesses are looking for better ways to engage consumers and improve their bottom lines. iProspect believes the three keys to 2013 will be data, social and a possible rival to search giant Google.
First up, Google. Says Dustin Engel with iProspect, Google's time may be coming.
"Google is dominant, we all know that. Google also innovates well for their size. However, its core revenue stream is based on the concept of providing the consumer with "potential results." It's only a matter of time before some scrappy collegiate engineers actually find a way to get you "the result." Maybe it's based on location tied to intent. Maybe it's the foundation of Skynet," said Dustin Engel, Executive Vice President, West, iProspect.
Engle also believe analytics will continue to be a big factor for businesses in 2013 because brands need quality data analysis to improve their campaign ROI's.
"Quantitative marketing artists will be at a premium. Due to the exponential growth in data and advertisers' appetite to gain insights and action from that data, quantitative skill sets coupled with media knowledge will be hard to come by," said Engel.
Finally, he believes social will become even more important and grab more attention from within brands, both large and small.
"Brands will end the tireless effort to position their brand in the social arena which comes off as ingenuous and disconnected. They will instead find the social meaning in their brand. They will spend time, effort, money and resources to determine how their brand can springboard a movement across convergent media and technology," said Engel.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...