News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iProspect: What to look for in 2013
With technology moving faster than ever some businesses are looking for better ways to engage consumers and improve their bottom lines. iProspect believes the three keys to 2013 will be data, social and a possible rival to search giant Google.
First up, Google. Says Dustin Engel with iProspect, Google's time may be coming.
"Google is dominant, we all know that. Google also innovates well for their size. However, its core revenue stream is based on the concept of providing the consumer with "potential results." It's only a matter of time before some scrappy collegiate engineers actually find a way to get you "the result." Maybe it's based on location tied to intent. Maybe it's the foundation of Skynet," said Dustin Engel, Executive Vice President, West, iProspect.
Engle also believe analytics will continue to be a big factor for businesses in 2013 because brands need quality data analysis to improve their campaign ROI's.
"Quantitative marketing artists will be at a premium. Due to the exponential growth in data and advertisers' appetite to gain insights and action from that data, quantitative skill sets coupled with media knowledge will be hard to come by," said Engel.
Finally, he believes social will become even more important and grab more attention from within brands, both large and small.
"Brands will end the tireless effort to position their brand in the social arena which comes off as ingenuous and disconnected. They will instead find the social meaning in their brand. They will spend time, effort, money and resources to determine how their brand can springboard a movement across convergent media and technology," said Engel.
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...