News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iProspect: What to look for in 2013
With technology moving faster than ever some businesses are looking for better ways to engage consumers and improve their bottom lines. iProspect believes the three keys to 2013 will be data, social and a possible rival to search giant Google.
First up, Google. Says Dustin Engel with iProspect, Google's time may be coming.
"Google is dominant, we all know that. Google also innovates well for their size. However, its core revenue stream is based on the concept of providing the consumer with "potential results." It's only a matter of time before some scrappy collegiate engineers actually find a way to get you "the result." Maybe it's based on location tied to intent. Maybe it's the foundation of Skynet," said Dustin Engel, Executive Vice President, West, iProspect.
Engle also believe analytics will continue to be a big factor for businesses in 2013 because brands need quality data analysis to improve their campaign ROI's.
"Quantitative marketing artists will be at a premium. Due to the exponential growth in data and advertisers' appetite to gain insights and action from that data, quantitative skill sets coupled with media knowledge will be hard to come by," said Engel.
Finally, he believes social will become even more important and grab more attention from within brands, both large and small.
"Brands will end the tireless effort to position their brand in the social arena which comes off as ingenuous and disconnected. They will instead find the social meaning in their brand. They will spend time, effort, money and resources to determine how their brand can springboard a movement across convergent media and technology," said Engel.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...