News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iProspect: What to look for in 2013
With technology moving faster than ever some businesses are looking for better ways to engage consumers and improve their bottom lines. iProspect believes the three keys to 2013 will be data, social and a possible rival to search giant Google.
First up, Google. Says Dustin Engel with iProspect, Google's time may be coming.
"Google is dominant, we all know that. Google also innovates well for their size. However, its core revenue stream is based on the concept of providing the consumer with "potential results." It's only a matter of time before some scrappy collegiate engineers actually find a way to get you "the result." Maybe it's based on location tied to intent. Maybe it's the foundation of Skynet," said Dustin Engel, Executive Vice President, West, iProspect.
Engle also believe analytics will continue to be a big factor for businesses in 2013 because brands need quality data analysis to improve their campaign ROI's.
"Quantitative marketing artists will be at a premium. Due to the exponential growth in data and advertisers' appetite to gain insights and action from that data, quantitative skill sets coupled with media knowledge will be hard to come by," said Engel.
Finally, he believes social will become even more important and grab more attention from within brands, both large and small.
"Brands will end the tireless effort to position their brand in the social arena which comes off as ingenuous and disconnected. They will instead find the social meaning in their brand. They will spend time, effort, money and resources to determine how their brand can springboard a movement across convergent media and technology," said Engel.
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...