News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IDG study reveals positive effect of social on brand perception
Just about every consumer now uses social media, according to new research from IDG Research Services, and many say it has a positive effect on brand perception.
In the study, "The Echo Effect: Understanding the Value of Tech Buyers", IDG surveyed 3,100 visitors to IDG technology news sites in the U.S. such as CIO, MacWorld and PCWorld.
It found that a whopping 95% of respondents use at least one social media site and that exposure to a tech product on social media had a positive affect on likelihood to purchase among 44%.
Such exposure also positively effects a consumer's overall satisfaction with a company (44%), willingness to recommend a company to others (42%) and brand loyalty (40%).
When consumers were asked which was the best way that marketers could use social media to promote products, over half said by answering questions left on the likes of Facebook and Twitter. Other suggestions included resolving customer service issues, asking for customer feedback and sharing product details and reviews.
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
- Platform promises to connect marketers, consumers
- Mobile app shoppers generate more revenue than mobile website and desktop shoppers
- Mums turn to Facebook for recommendations and parenting communities
Featured White Papers
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...