News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IDG study reveals positive effect of social on brand perception
Just about every consumer now uses social media, according to new research from IDG Research Services, and many say it has a positive effect on brand perception.
In the study, "The Echo Effect: Understanding the Value of Tech Buyers", IDG surveyed 3,100 visitors to IDG technology news sites in the U.S. such as CIO, MacWorld and PCWorld.
It found that a whopping 95% of respondents use at least one social media site and that exposure to a tech product on social media had a positive affect on likelihood to purchase among 44%.
Such exposure also positively effects a consumer's overall satisfaction with a company (44%), willingness to recommend a company to others (42%) and brand loyalty (40%).
When consumers were asked which was the best way that marketers could use social media to promote products, over half said by answering questions left on the likes of Facebook and Twitter. Other suggestions included resolving customer service issues, asking for customer feedback and sharing product details and reviews.
- Reports: Digital will be strong through holiday season
- Expert: How to ready for speech analytics
- Study: CPG to top $10b this year
- UK Cards Association tracks rise of contactless payments
- Expert: How subscriptions are driving retail
- Report: US small businesses pushing international
- Top 3 tips for enterprises to enter the cloud
- Time watching TV remains the same, but different
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...
- Key Tools for Engagement Marketing
Dig into the concept of digital marketing and how to be successful in today's modern, complex business landscape...