News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IDG study reveals positive effect of social on brand perception
Just about every consumer now uses social media, according to new research from IDG Research Services, and many say it has a positive effect on brand perception.
In the study, "The Echo Effect: Understanding the Value of Tech Buyers", IDG surveyed 3,100 visitors to IDG technology news sites in the U.S. such as CIO, MacWorld and PCWorld.
It found that a whopping 95% of respondents use at least one social media site and that exposure to a tech product on social media had a positive affect on likelihood to purchase among 44%.
Such exposure also positively effects a consumer's overall satisfaction with a company (44%), willingness to recommend a company to others (42%) and brand loyalty (40%).
When consumers were asked which was the best way that marketers could use social media to promote products, over half said by answering questions left on the likes of Facebook and Twitter. Other suggestions included resolving customer service issues, asking for customer feedback and sharing product details and reviews.
- Mobile use in restaurants - tolerable or taboo?
- Study: Shoppers want email contact
- New eBay ad targeting tool knows what mood a shopper is in
- Ad Roundup: Data key to new launches
- Top 3 tips to improve travel marketing strategy
- Millennials embrace marketing emails via mobile
- Video posts overtake photo posts by brands on Facebook
- Two-thirds of customers feel undervalued by providers
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....