News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IDG study reveals positive effect of social on brand perception
Just about every consumer now uses social media, according to new research from IDG Research Services, and many say it has a positive effect on brand perception.
In the study, "The Echo Effect: Understanding the Value of Tech Buyers", IDG surveyed 3,100 visitors to IDG technology news sites in the U.S. such as CIO, MacWorld and PCWorld.
It found that a whopping 95% of respondents use at least one social media site and that exposure to a tech product on social media had a positive affect on likelihood to purchase among 44%.
Such exposure also positively effects a consumer's overall satisfaction with a company (44%), willingness to recommend a company to others (42%) and brand loyalty (40%).
When consumers were asked which was the best way that marketers could use social media to promote products, over half said by answering questions left on the likes of Facebook and Twitter. Other suggestions included resolving customer service issues, asking for customer feedback and sharing product details and reviews.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...