News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IDG study reveals positive effect of social on brand perception
Just about every consumer now uses social media, according to new research from IDG Research Services, and many say it has a positive effect on brand perception.
In the study, "The Echo Effect: Understanding the Value of Tech Buyers", IDG surveyed 3,100 visitors to IDG technology news sites in the U.S. such as CIO, MacWorld and PCWorld.
It found that a whopping 95% of respondents use at least one social media site and that exposure to a tech product on social media had a positive affect on likelihood to purchase among 44%.
Such exposure also positively effects a consumer's overall satisfaction with a company (44%), willingness to recommend a company to others (42%) and brand loyalty (40%).
When consumers were asked which was the best way that marketers could use social media to promote products, over half said by answering questions left on the likes of Facebook and Twitter. Other suggestions included resolving customer service issues, asking for customer feedback and sharing product details and reviews.
- Expert: How to know if the cloud is right for your business
- Ad Roundup: Targeting, Payments and Data
- Studies highlight importance of location, relevance
- SMBs: New labor laws could impact revenue lines
- Ad Roundup: Mobile, video and ecommerce
- Expert: What Google, Amazon announcements mean for marketers
- Survey: SMBs keying into social
- Survey: Brands leaving app money on the table
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...