News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How shoppers are engaging via mobile
Mobile has effectively changed the holiday shopping scene. New data outlines how shoppers have engaged with mobile, and how that is changing how retailers distribute product information and savings.
According to a recent TechBargains survey most shoppers (90%) are now showrooming while in-store - they're checking prices, checking stock availability and looking for digital coupons. And, while both sexes showroom, men are more likely to check prices or look to mobile devices to save while shopping. Three-quarters of men (77%) showroom while 67% of women do so.
Comparing 2011 to 2012, TechBargains found just over half (58%) used smartphones to shop/showroom in 2011 while 73% are doing so in 2012. Nearly 80% are using tablet to complete purchases in the mobile space. As for which devices are pushing the most purchases:
• 76% of iPhone users make mobile purchases, 71% of Android owners do so
• 83% of iPad users make mobile purchases, 82% of Google Nexus 7 owners do so and 81% of Kindle Fire owners do so
• 73% of tablet owners use the device to research products
• 71% of tablet owners uses devices to get in-stock information
"It appears that consumers are increasingly buying products from Android devices, closing the gap with purchasing frequency from iOs devices. We believe this shift can be attributed to the better user experience, created by better apps and larger screen size of the new crop of Android devices introduced in 2012 such as Amazon's Kindle Fire HD , Google's Nexus 7, and the Samsung Galaxy III," said Yung Trang, TechBargains.com's president and editor-in-chief.
Meanwhile data out from RevTrax identifies the top cities for digital coupon use, among them are Charlotte, NC, Rochester, NY and Raleigh NC. As for which consumers are most likely to be interested in digital coupons, regions that have a higher female population and densely populated areas are most likely to activate digital coupons.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...