News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How shoppers are engaging via mobile
Mobile has effectively changed the holiday shopping scene. New data outlines how shoppers have engaged with mobile, and how that is changing how retailers distribute product information and savings.
According to a recent TechBargains survey most shoppers (90%) are now showrooming while in-store - they're checking prices, checking stock availability and looking for digital coupons. And, while both sexes showroom, men are more likely to check prices or look to mobile devices to save while shopping. Three-quarters of men (77%) showroom while 67% of women do so.
Comparing 2011 to 2012, TechBargains found just over half (58%) used smartphones to shop/showroom in 2011 while 73% are doing so in 2012. Nearly 80% are using tablet to complete purchases in the mobile space. As for which devices are pushing the most purchases:
• 76% of iPhone users make mobile purchases, 71% of Android owners do so
• 83% of iPad users make mobile purchases, 82% of Google Nexus 7 owners do so and 81% of Kindle Fire owners do so
• 73% of tablet owners use the device to research products
• 71% of tablet owners uses devices to get in-stock information
"It appears that consumers are increasingly buying products from Android devices, closing the gap with purchasing frequency from iOs devices. We believe this shift can be attributed to the better user experience, created by better apps and larger screen size of the new crop of Android devices introduced in 2012 such as Amazon's Kindle Fire HD , Google's Nexus 7, and the Samsung Galaxy III," said Yung Trang, TechBargains.com's president and editor-in-chief.
Meanwhile data out from RevTrax identifies the top cities for digital coupon use, among them are Charlotte, NC, Rochester, NY and Raleigh NC. As for which consumers are most likely to be interested in digital coupons, regions that have a higher female population and densely populated areas are most likely to activate digital coupons.
- Study IDs how retailers can compete with Amazon
- Expert: How to determine if calls are leads or not
- Expert: Travel brands need responsive design
- Poor advertising among travel brands hinders data collection
- Unplug for your health and mental well-being, urges parenting website
- Questionable activity on social media turns consumers away from brands
- Study: Still a disconnect between data, growth
- Expert: How SMBs can be more productive
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...