News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Fiksu: Mobile costs up, app downloads down
Some interesting findings in the new Fiksu report - chief among them that mobile marketing costs are up and, from a consumer standpoint, app downloads are down. The new Fiksu numbers are from November, as shoppers were beginning to go in droves to online and mobile storefronts as they shopped for the 2012 holidays.
According to the report mobile app marketing costs surged 30% higher between October and November (2012).
"We can chalk November's dramatic surge in mobile app marketing costs to increasing - and anticipated - holiday season spending, combined with a drop in organic downloads in the aftermath of the iPhone 5 launch," explained Micah Adler, Fiksu CEO. "We can expect costs and download volumes to climb through December, much like last year, as marketers spend heavily in preparation for the flood of new devices and rush of user activity and app discovery around Christmas."
Fiksu's Cost per Loyal User Index (CpLUI) was also up 30% ($0.32) to reach $1.38 in November; the October CpLUI was $1.06. The CpLUI has fluctuated from a high of $1.54 (July 2012) to the low of $1.06 in October.
Meanwhile, comScore reports that Android continues to lead the mobile subscriber base with a 53% market share; Apple's market share stands at 34.3%. For the month of October more than 121 million US adults owned smartphones (51.9% penetration rate), an increase of 6% since July 2012.
As for how mobile consumers are engaging, more than three-quarters utilize text messaging while 54.5% download apps and 52.7% utilize mobile browsers to surf the mobile space.
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...