News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Fiksu: Mobile costs up, app downloads down
Some interesting findings in the new Fiksu report - chief among them that mobile marketing costs are up and, from a consumer standpoint, app downloads are down. The new Fiksu numbers are from November, as shoppers were beginning to go in droves to online and mobile storefronts as they shopped for the 2012 holidays.
According to the report mobile app marketing costs surged 30% higher between October and November (2012).
"We can chalk November's dramatic surge in mobile app marketing costs to increasing - and anticipated - holiday season spending, combined with a drop in organic downloads in the aftermath of the iPhone 5 launch," explained Micah Adler, Fiksu CEO. "We can expect costs and download volumes to climb through December, much like last year, as marketers spend heavily in preparation for the flood of new devices and rush of user activity and app discovery around Christmas."
Fiksu's Cost per Loyal User Index (CpLUI) was also up 30% ($0.32) to reach $1.38 in November; the October CpLUI was $1.06. The CpLUI has fluctuated from a high of $1.54 (July 2012) to the low of $1.06 in October.
Meanwhile, comScore reports that Android continues to lead the mobile subscriber base with a 53% market share; Apple's market share stands at 34.3%. For the month of October more than 121 million US adults owned smartphones (51.9% penetration rate), an increase of 6% since July 2012.
As for how mobile consumers are engaging, more than three-quarters utilize text messaging while 54.5% download apps and 52.7% utilize mobile browsers to surf the mobile space.
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
- Top tips to improve ad performance
- Facebook ad revenue and bug bounty increase
- How to properly measure opt-ins to improve campaigns
Featured White Papers
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...