News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Fiksu: Mobile costs up, app downloads down
Some interesting findings in the new Fiksu report - chief among them that mobile marketing costs are up and, from a consumer standpoint, app downloads are down. The new Fiksu numbers are from November, as shoppers were beginning to go in droves to online and mobile storefronts as they shopped for the 2012 holidays.
According to the report mobile app marketing costs surged 30% higher between October and November (2012).
"We can chalk November's dramatic surge in mobile app marketing costs to increasing - and anticipated - holiday season spending, combined with a drop in organic downloads in the aftermath of the iPhone 5 launch," explained Micah Adler, Fiksu CEO. "We can expect costs and download volumes to climb through December, much like last year, as marketers spend heavily in preparation for the flood of new devices and rush of user activity and app discovery around Christmas."
Fiksu's Cost per Loyal User Index (CpLUI) was also up 30% ($0.32) to reach $1.38 in November; the October CpLUI was $1.06. The CpLUI has fluctuated from a high of $1.54 (July 2012) to the low of $1.06 in October.
Meanwhile, comScore reports that Android continues to lead the mobile subscriber base with a 53% market share; Apple's market share stands at 34.3%. For the month of October more than 121 million US adults owned smartphones (51.9% penetration rate), an increase of 6% since July 2012.
As for how mobile consumers are engaging, more than three-quarters utilize text messaging while 54.5% download apps and 52.7% utilize mobile browsers to surf the mobile space.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...