News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
EXPO reports 281% rise in user-generated video product review views
What are engaging, authentic, produced free of charge and found helpful by 98% of online holiday shoppers? User-generated product reviews, according to new research released by consumer network EXPO, and video is an increasing channel of choice.
EXPO's online survey of 407 U.S. adults reveals what most marketers already know - consumers love to hear the opinions of others just like them when it comes to products they are considering buying.
Today's connected consumer uses a variety of channels including forums, review sites, social media to seek out reviews by family, friends or complete strangers. EXPO's survey revealed a whopping 98% of consumers found user-generated reviews helpful when researching holiday shopping.
EXPO's retail partners have experienced a particularly high level of video viewership this festive season. While overall video views doubled on Black Friday compared the weeks before, it was user-generated video that showed the largest increase (281%), 55% higher than the increase in views of professionally-produced videos.
Using both professional and user-generated videos together can bolster the overall brand message. While consumers find user-generated video more believable in terms of product claims, professionally-produced videos are more efficient at communicating product benefits.
"This research confirms that consumers are more receptive to the opinions of people who appear to be just like them than to more traditional marketing strategies, therefore it's a growing imperative for brands and manufacturers to leverage their customers' stories to tell their messages effectively," says Jessica Thorpe, Vice President of Marketing at EXPO.
- Black Friday, Millennials, shopping, standing in line and... spiders
- Amazon strikes a pose with huge fashion photography studio in London
- How does $1-$3 per month sound for an ad-free Internet experience?
- Study: How mobiles are influencing moms
- Survey: SMBs drawing a line at Thanksgiving
- Is free enterprise search a game-changer?
- Expert: How mobile is changing customer relationships
- Prediction: Programmatic to push content marketing spend
Featured White Papers
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....