News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
EXPO reports 281% rise in user-generated video product review views
What are engaging, authentic, produced free of charge and found helpful by 98% of online holiday shoppers? User-generated product reviews, according to new research released by consumer network EXPO, and video is an increasing channel of choice.
EXPO's online survey of 407 U.S. adults reveals what most marketers already know - consumers love to hear the opinions of others just like them when it comes to products they are considering buying.
Today's connected consumer uses a variety of channels including forums, review sites, social media to seek out reviews by family, friends or complete strangers. EXPO's survey revealed a whopping 98% of consumers found user-generated reviews helpful when researching holiday shopping.
EXPO's retail partners have experienced a particularly high level of video viewership this festive season. While overall video views doubled on Black Friday compared the weeks before, it was user-generated video that showed the largest increase (281%), 55% higher than the increase in views of professionally-produced videos.
Using both professional and user-generated videos together can bolster the overall brand message. While consumers find user-generated video more believable in terms of product claims, professionally-produced videos are more efficient at communicating product benefits.
"This research confirms that consumers are more receptive to the opinions of people who appear to be just like them than to more traditional marketing strategies, therefore it's a growing imperative for brands and manufacturers to leverage their customers' stories to tell their messages effectively," says Jessica Thorpe, Vice President of Marketing at EXPO.
- Ad Roundup: New tools to track, serve ads
- How to maximize your content marketing strategy
- Ecommerce Roundup: Payment solutions and an email idea
- How for-profits can capitalize with non-profit strategy
- Study IDs most important shopper for retailers
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...