News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
EXPO reports 281% rise in user-generated video product review views
What are engaging, authentic, produced free of charge and found helpful by 98% of online holiday shoppers? User-generated product reviews, according to new research released by consumer network EXPO, and video is an increasing channel of choice.
EXPO's online survey of 407 U.S. adults reveals what most marketers already know - consumers love to hear the opinions of others just like them when it comes to products they are considering buying.
Today's connected consumer uses a variety of channels including forums, review sites, social media to seek out reviews by family, friends or complete strangers. EXPO's survey revealed a whopping 98% of consumers found user-generated reviews helpful when researching holiday shopping.
EXPO's retail partners have experienced a particularly high level of video viewership this festive season. While overall video views doubled on Black Friday compared the weeks before, it was user-generated video that showed the largest increase (281%), 55% higher than the increase in views of professionally-produced videos.
Using both professional and user-generated videos together can bolster the overall brand message. While consumers find user-generated video more believable in terms of product claims, professionally-produced videos are more efficient at communicating product benefits.
"This research confirms that consumers are more receptive to the opinions of people who appear to be just like them than to more traditional marketing strategies, therefore it's a growing imperative for brands and manufacturers to leverage their customers' stories to tell their messages effectively," says Jessica Thorpe, Vice President of Marketing at EXPO.
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...