News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Device segmentation key to paid search advertising success
Online retailers in the UK spent 20% more on paid search advertising year-on-year during the 2012 holiday season, according to new research released by Kenshoo, with mobile accounting for almost a third of all paid search ad clicks.
Kenshoo's analysis of more than 450 million paid impressions and clicks across its ad platform on search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo, reveals mobile search activity continues to increase.
While still a long way off the 72% of total paid clicks that come from PC users, mobile now accounts for 28% of all paid search ad clicks. Tablets account for 17% of clicks and smartphones 13%.
Tablet Shoppers a Goldmine
The standout figures from Kenshoo's 2012 UK Online Retail Christmas Shopping Report (Early Edition) concern tablets. Not only do tablet shoppers convert at a rate almost the same as those on PCs (4.99% vs. 5.13%) but their average order value is $10 more ($85.55 vs. $75.93).
Furthermore, it costs $0.05 less per click to reach tablet shoppers than those on a PC.
"Device segmentation should be a key search marketing strategy for UK retailers to adopt this Christmas shopping season," said Chris Ward, Managing Director for EMEA at Kenshoo. "The savviest retailers are breaking out their keywords, ads and landing pages by computer, phone and tablet to better control budgets and bids."
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...