News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Device segmentation key to paid search advertising success
Online retailers in the UK spent 20% more on paid search advertising year-on-year during the 2012 holiday season, according to new research released by Kenshoo, with mobile accounting for almost a third of all paid search ad clicks.
Kenshoo's analysis of more than 450 million paid impressions and clicks across its ad platform on search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo, reveals mobile search activity continues to increase.
While still a long way off the 72% of total paid clicks that come from PC users, mobile now accounts for 28% of all paid search ad clicks. Tablets account for 17% of clicks and smartphones 13%.
Tablet Shoppers a Goldmine
The standout figures from Kenshoo's 2012 UK Online Retail Christmas Shopping Report (Early Edition) concern tablets. Not only do tablet shoppers convert at a rate almost the same as those on PCs (4.99% vs. 5.13%) but their average order value is $10 more ($85.55 vs. $75.93).
Furthermore, it costs $0.05 less per click to reach tablet shoppers than those on a PC.
"Device segmentation should be a key search marketing strategy for UK retailers to adopt this Christmas shopping season," said Chris Ward, Managing Director for EMEA at Kenshoo. "The savviest retailers are breaking out their keywords, ads and landing pages by computer, phone and tablet to better control budgets and bids."
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
- Online shoppers overwhelmed by choice
- Smartwatches: time for a new ad format
- Translation challenges stymying online communication
- Mobile Roundup: Commerce, security options released
- Playlists the perfect target for brands on Spotify
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...