News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Device segmentation key to paid search advertising success
Online retailers in the UK spent 20% more on paid search advertising year-on-year during the 2012 holiday season, according to new research released by Kenshoo, with mobile accounting for almost a third of all paid search ad clicks.
Kenshoo's analysis of more than 450 million paid impressions and clicks across its ad platform on search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo, reveals mobile search activity continues to increase.
While still a long way off the 72% of total paid clicks that come from PC users, mobile now accounts for 28% of all paid search ad clicks. Tablets account for 17% of clicks and smartphones 13%.
Tablet Shoppers a Goldmine
The standout figures from Kenshoo's 2012 UK Online Retail Christmas Shopping Report (Early Edition) concern tablets. Not only do tablet shoppers convert at a rate almost the same as those on PCs (4.99% vs. 5.13%) but their average order value is $10 more ($85.55 vs. $75.93).
Furthermore, it costs $0.05 less per click to reach tablet shoppers than those on a PC.
"Device segmentation should be a key search marketing strategy for UK retailers to adopt this Christmas shopping season," said Chris Ward, Managing Director for EMEA at Kenshoo. "The savviest retailers are breaking out their keywords, ads and landing pages by computer, phone and tablet to better control budgets and bids."
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...