News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Device segmentation key to paid search advertising success
Online retailers in the UK spent 20% more on paid search advertising year-on-year during the 2012 holiday season, according to new research released by Kenshoo, with mobile accounting for almost a third of all paid search ad clicks.
Kenshoo's analysis of more than 450 million paid impressions and clicks across its ad platform on search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo, reveals mobile search activity continues to increase.
While still a long way off the 72% of total paid clicks that come from PC users, mobile now accounts for 28% of all paid search ad clicks. Tablets account for 17% of clicks and smartphones 13%.
Tablet Shoppers a Goldmine
The standout figures from Kenshoo's 2012 UK Online Retail Christmas Shopping Report (Early Edition) concern tablets. Not only do tablet shoppers convert at a rate almost the same as those on PCs (4.99% vs. 5.13%) but their average order value is $10 more ($85.55 vs. $75.93).
Furthermore, it costs $0.05 less per click to reach tablet shoppers than those on a PC.
"Device segmentation should be a key search marketing strategy for UK retailers to adopt this Christmas shopping season," said Chris Ward, Managing Director for EMEA at Kenshoo. "The savviest retailers are breaking out their keywords, ads and landing pages by computer, phone and tablet to better control budgets and bids."
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
- 90% of marketers not trained in marketing performance, ROI
- Mobile plays significant role in the shopping habits of Boomers and Seniors
- Brands: Why Facebook ads may not be a cure-all
- Studies: Web performance impacting experience, Responsive Design slowing mobile sites
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...