News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers rate grocery shopping online better than in-store
Customer experience specialists Nunwood have released a report that reveals supermarkets are providing a better experience online than in-store thanks to their recognition of customers' need to save time and effort.
Brands that value a customer's time and effort are seen as providing the best customer experience - and that is happening more so online than in-store, reveals Nunwood's UK Customer Experience Excellence Report (.pdf).
Based on more than 40,000 experiences from approximately 7,500 UK consumers, it found that supermarkets are providing the best online customer experience versus in-store. Supermarket customers gave the online experience higher scores than other sectors, by an average of 3.9%.
According to Nunwood retail specialist and report author Craig Ryder, "consumers are placing an increased importance on their time. Those grocery brands that performed well overall scored particularly well in areas around valuing a customer's time."
The supermarket with the largest difference between its online and offline experience was Waitrose with their online experience scoring 6.5% more than in-store.
The supermarket rated as the best online experience was Ocado who are setting new standards of delivery and service. As well as providing a friendly, reliable delivery service with drivers who are empowered to solve issues at the point of need, they rarely substitute products and provide products with long "use by" dates.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...