News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers rate grocery shopping online better than in-store
Customer experience specialists Nunwood have released a report that reveals supermarkets are providing a better experience online than in-store thanks to their recognition of customers' need to save time and effort.
Brands that value a customer's time and effort are seen as providing the best customer experience - and that is happening more so online than in-store, reveals Nunwood's UK Customer Experience Excellence Report (.pdf).
Based on more than 40,000 experiences from approximately 7,500 UK consumers, it found that supermarkets are providing the best online customer experience versus in-store. Supermarket customers gave the online experience higher scores than other sectors, by an average of 3.9%.
According to Nunwood retail specialist and report author Craig Ryder, "consumers are placing an increased importance on their time. Those grocery brands that performed well overall scored particularly well in areas around valuing a customer's time."
The supermarket with the largest difference between its online and offline experience was Waitrose with their online experience scoring 6.5% more than in-store.
The supermarket rated as the best online experience was Ocado who are setting new standards of delivery and service. As well as providing a friendly, reliable delivery service with drivers who are empowered to solve issues at the point of need, they rarely substitute products and provide products with long "use by" dates.
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...