News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Green Monday sales surge past $1.2b
The 2012 Online Holiday Spend - through Green Monday - is showing healthy, if not skyrocketing growth. Nearly $30 billion has been spent so far online, with three days pushing past the $1 billion mark - including Green Monday.
Black Friday ($1.042 billion), Cyber Monday ($1.465 billion) and Green Monday ($1.275 billion) are the top spending days; the Thanksgiving Weekend also holds a record, coming in at $1.187 billion.
"Green Monday kicked off this critical week for online holiday shopping with a strong total of $1.275 billion, marking a 13-percent gain from last year," said comScore chairman Gian Fulgoni. "While Green Monday remains a very important day for the season, as consumers have gained confidence with on-time shipment delivery, there is perhaps less urgency than there once was to make those final purchases at least two weeks in advance of Christmas Day. What we've seen over the past few years is a tendency for heavy spending to continue late into the week of Green Monday and right up until Free Shipping Day, which this year falls on December 17."
The Green Monday online spend was led by more shoppers hitting online outlets and spending more per purchase than in year's past. The per-transaction spend was up 5% while the number of shoppers looking for Green Monday savings increased 7% year over year (YoY).
Meanwhile, the National Retail Federation suggests retailers will be pushing package delivery right up to the last minute, hoping to engage a few more shoppers. Shop.org reports that most retailers will end shipping specials by next Monday (December 17) but a few (5.7%) will push shipping offers through December 21, hoping to appeal to last minute gift-givers.
- Global online travel market to exceed $1billion by 2022
- UK shoppers choose supermarkets primarily on location, not price
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- DMA: Email click-through rates continue to fall
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...