News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Green Monday sales surge past $1.2b
The 2012 Online Holiday Spend - through Green Monday - is showing healthy, if not skyrocketing growth. Nearly $30 billion has been spent so far online, with three days pushing past the $1 billion mark - including Green Monday.
Black Friday ($1.042 billion), Cyber Monday ($1.465 billion) and Green Monday ($1.275 billion) are the top spending days; the Thanksgiving Weekend also holds a record, coming in at $1.187 billion.
"Green Monday kicked off this critical week for online holiday shopping with a strong total of $1.275 billion, marking a 13-percent gain from last year," said comScore chairman Gian Fulgoni. "While Green Monday remains a very important day for the season, as consumers have gained confidence with on-time shipment delivery, there is perhaps less urgency than there once was to make those final purchases at least two weeks in advance of Christmas Day. What we've seen over the past few years is a tendency for heavy spending to continue late into the week of Green Monday and right up until Free Shipping Day, which this year falls on December 17."
The Green Monday online spend was led by more shoppers hitting online outlets and spending more per purchase than in year's past. The per-transaction spend was up 5% while the number of shoppers looking for Green Monday savings increased 7% year over year (YoY).
Meanwhile, the National Retail Federation suggests retailers will be pushing package delivery right up to the last minute, hoping to engage a few more shoppers. Shop.org reports that most retailers will end shipping specials by next Monday (December 17) but a few (5.7%) will push shipping offers through December 21, hoping to appeal to last minute gift-givers.
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...