News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Green Monday sales surge past $1.2b
The 2012 Online Holiday Spend - through Green Monday - is showing healthy, if not skyrocketing growth. Nearly $30 billion has been spent so far online, with three days pushing past the $1 billion mark - including Green Monday.
Black Friday ($1.042 billion), Cyber Monday ($1.465 billion) and Green Monday ($1.275 billion) are the top spending days; the Thanksgiving Weekend also holds a record, coming in at $1.187 billion.
"Green Monday kicked off this critical week for online holiday shopping with a strong total of $1.275 billion, marking a 13-percent gain from last year," said comScore chairman Gian Fulgoni. "While Green Monday remains a very important day for the season, as consumers have gained confidence with on-time shipment delivery, there is perhaps less urgency than there once was to make those final purchases at least two weeks in advance of Christmas Day. What we've seen over the past few years is a tendency for heavy spending to continue late into the week of Green Monday and right up until Free Shipping Day, which this year falls on December 17."
The Green Monday online spend was led by more shoppers hitting online outlets and spending more per purchase than in year's past. The per-transaction spend was up 5% while the number of shoppers looking for Green Monday savings increased 7% year over year (YoY).
Meanwhile, the National Retail Federation suggests retailers will be pushing package delivery right up to the last minute, hoping to engage a few more shoppers. Shop.org reports that most retailers will end shipping specials by next Monday (December 17) but a few (5.7%) will push shipping offers through December 21, hoping to appeal to last minute gift-givers.
- Top 3 tips to ensure content is global-ready
- Survey: SMBs missing out by not being online
- Report: State of mobile travel
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...