News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore and StatCounter report Google search market share in US/UK
comScore online search figures for November 2012 reveal Google Sites had the biggest U.S. market share in November with over two-thirds of the market overall but realised a small decline in share in the UK.
Online searches rose to almost 17 billion last month, according to the latest figures from comScore. The usual suspects topped the ranks with Google Sites accounting for 67% of the market (11.4 billion searches) up 0.1% from the previous month.
Microsoft was left behind in the dust with 16% of the online search market (2.7 billion searches) while Yahoo clocked up 12%, or 2.1 billion searches, in November 2012.
Within the top three, Yahoo was the only one that had a drop in market share, albeit a small one at 0.1% loss.
Meanwhile, in the UK, StatCounter data shows Google.com and Google.co.uk accounted for a combined total of 91.06% of the country's search volume - down 0.04% compared to the previous month and the lowest since July 2012.
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
- Top 4 investments to make in 2015
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
- Are your employees stifling yawns during status meetings?
- Survey reveals the odd places consumers shop by mobile
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...