News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore and StatCounter report Google search market share in US/UK
comScore online search figures for November 2012 reveal Google Sites had the biggest U.S. market share in November with over two-thirds of the market overall but realised a small decline in share in the UK.
Online searches rose to almost 17 billion last month, according to the latest figures from comScore. The usual suspects topped the ranks with Google Sites accounting for 67% of the market (11.4 billion searches) up 0.1% from the previous month.
Microsoft was left behind in the dust with 16% of the online search market (2.7 billion searches) while Yahoo clocked up 12%, or 2.1 billion searches, in November 2012.
Within the top three, Yahoo was the only one that had a drop in market share, albeit a small one at 0.1% loss.
Meanwhile, in the UK, StatCounter data shows Google.com and Google.co.uk accounted for a combined total of 91.06% of the country's search volume - down 0.04% compared to the previous month and the lowest since July 2012.
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...