News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore and StatCounter report Google search market share in US/UK
comScore online search figures for November 2012 reveal Google Sites had the biggest U.S. market share in November with over two-thirds of the market overall but realised a small decline in share in the UK.
Online searches rose to almost 17 billion last month, according to the latest figures from comScore. The usual suspects topped the ranks with Google Sites accounting for 67% of the market (11.4 billion searches) up 0.1% from the previous month.
Microsoft was left behind in the dust with 16% of the online search market (2.7 billion searches) while Yahoo clocked up 12%, or 2.1 billion searches, in November 2012.
Within the top three, Yahoo was the only one that had a drop in market share, albeit a small one at 0.1% loss.
Meanwhile, in the UK, StatCounter data shows Google.com and Google.co.uk accounted for a combined total of 91.06% of the country's search volume - down 0.04% compared to the previous month and the lowest since July 2012.
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...