News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore and StatCounter report Google search market share in US/UK
comScore online search figures for November 2012 reveal Google Sites had the biggest U.S. market share in November with over two-thirds of the market overall but realised a small decline in share in the UK.
Online searches rose to almost 17 billion last month, according to the latest figures from comScore. The usual suspects topped the ranks with Google Sites accounting for 67% of the market (11.4 billion searches) up 0.1% from the previous month.
Microsoft was left behind in the dust with 16% of the online search market (2.7 billion searches) while Yahoo clocked up 12%, or 2.1 billion searches, in November 2012.
Within the top three, Yahoo was the only one that had a drop in market share, albeit a small one at 0.1% loss.
Meanwhile, in the UK, StatCounter data shows Google.com and Google.co.uk accounted for a combined total of 91.06% of the country's search volume - down 0.04% compared to the previous month and the lowest since July 2012.
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
Featured White Papers
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...