News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore and StatCounter report Google search market share in US/UK
comScore online search figures for November 2012 reveal Google Sites had the biggest U.S. market share in November with over two-thirds of the market overall but realised a small decline in share in the UK.
Online searches rose to almost 17 billion last month, according to the latest figures from comScore. The usual suspects topped the ranks with Google Sites accounting for 67% of the market (11.4 billion searches) up 0.1% from the previous month.
Microsoft was left behind in the dust with 16% of the online search market (2.7 billion searches) while Yahoo clocked up 12%, or 2.1 billion searches, in November 2012.
Within the top three, Yahoo was the only one that had a drop in market share, albeit a small one at 0.1% loss.
Meanwhile, in the UK, StatCounter data shows Google.com and Google.co.uk accounted for a combined total of 91.06% of the country's search volume - down 0.04% compared to the previous month and the lowest since July 2012.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...