News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Compass Labs: How to better engage through Facebook
With more than $27 billion spent online and still over two weeks until the Christmas holiday, data from Compass Labs may show brands how to improve the social component of their holiday promotions. According to the research the top stores mentioned in social media included WalMart, Amazon and Target, with the top gadgets mentioned including tech gear like iPhone, Wii and Kindle.
A simple listing of store and gadget mentions is great, but Compass Labs has gone farther - to identify television content that is engaging the fans of certain stores, which could show brands where to put their ad dollars in the future. The report shows:
• Amazon fans are engaged with Star Trek
• ToysRUs fans are engaged with The Muppets
• While Kmart fans are devoted to country music star Carrie Underwood
Meanwhile, a new Compass Labs report could help brands better manage their social media strategy by offering some understanding in what goes on with the world's largest social network - Facebook. Researchers sampled 80 random, branded pages within Facebook. One of the biggest findings: multiple posts on a single day will lead to more fans 'unliking' your page - that means they not only aren't engaging but they're choosing to not see your posts in the future.
Branded pages with two posts made daily had 15% more un-likes and those making three posts per day had 13% more un-likes than pages making only a single post per day. Other interesting findings include:
• 47% of post comments are made within 15 minutes of the posting
• 76% of branded page 'likes' are made via desktop, not mobile
• Most mobile 'likes' come on Sundays (32%)
• Most desktop 'likes' come on Tuesdays (79%)
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...