News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Compass Labs: How to better engage through Facebook
With more than $27 billion spent online and still over two weeks until the Christmas holiday, data from Compass Labs may show brands how to improve the social component of their holiday promotions. According to the research the top stores mentioned in social media included WalMart, Amazon and Target, with the top gadgets mentioned including tech gear like iPhone, Wii and Kindle.
A simple listing of store and gadget mentions is great, but Compass Labs has gone farther - to identify television content that is engaging the fans of certain stores, which could show brands where to put their ad dollars in the future. The report shows:
• Amazon fans are engaged with Star Trek
• ToysRUs fans are engaged with The Muppets
• While Kmart fans are devoted to country music star Carrie Underwood
Meanwhile, a new Compass Labs report could help brands better manage their social media strategy by offering some understanding in what goes on with the world's largest social network - Facebook. Researchers sampled 80 random, branded pages within Facebook. One of the biggest findings: multiple posts on a single day will lead to more fans 'unliking' your page - that means they not only aren't engaging but they're choosing to not see your posts in the future.
Branded pages with two posts made daily had 15% more un-likes and those making three posts per day had 13% more un-likes than pages making only a single post per day. Other interesting findings include:
• 47% of post comments are made within 15 minutes of the posting
• 76% of branded page 'likes' are made via desktop, not mobile
• Most mobile 'likes' come on Sundays (32%)
• Most desktop 'likes' come on Tuesdays (79%)
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...