News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Compass Labs: How to better engage through Facebook
With more than $27 billion spent online and still over two weeks until the Christmas holiday, data from Compass Labs may show brands how to improve the social component of their holiday promotions. According to the research the top stores mentioned in social media included WalMart, Amazon and Target, with the top gadgets mentioned including tech gear like iPhone, Wii and Kindle.
A simple listing of store and gadget mentions is great, but Compass Labs has gone farther - to identify television content that is engaging the fans of certain stores, which could show brands where to put their ad dollars in the future. The report shows:
• Amazon fans are engaged with Star Trek
• ToysRUs fans are engaged with The Muppets
• While Kmart fans are devoted to country music star Carrie Underwood
Meanwhile, a new Compass Labs report could help brands better manage their social media strategy by offering some understanding in what goes on with the world's largest social network - Facebook. Researchers sampled 80 random, branded pages within Facebook. One of the biggest findings: multiple posts on a single day will lead to more fans 'unliking' your page - that means they not only aren't engaging but they're choosing to not see your posts in the future.
Branded pages with two posts made daily had 15% more un-likes and those making three posts per day had 13% more un-likes than pages making only a single post per day. Other interesting findings include:
• 47% of post comments are made within 15 minutes of the posting
• 76% of branded page 'likes' are made via desktop, not mobile
• Most mobile 'likes' come on Sundays (32%)
• Most desktop 'likes' come on Tuesdays (79%)
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
Featured White Papers
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...