News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Cloud-based software fine-tunes PPC ads to local weather
How can advertisers avoid displaying ads for bikinis during brass monkey weather or raincoats during a heatwave? The answer lies in the real-time adjustment of ads and promotions to take into account local weather conditions. Here's how.
New cloud-based software that geo-targets PPC campaigns based on weather conditions is helping retailers fine-tune their advertising. weatherFIT, from digital agency Fast Web Media, easily integrates with existing Google Adwords campaigns to allow retailers to quickly react to local conditions, tailoring ads and promotions accordingly.
"The weather doesn't just influence peoples' leisure activities, it also plays a key role in their buying decisions for everything from clothes and food, to cars and holidays," says Mike Flynn, CEO of Fast Web Media. "weatherFIT gives almost any company a way to build local weather conditions and forecasts into its online campaigns, so they can promote the right products or services in the most appropriate way, at the right time to boost conversion rates and sales."
So far, retailers that have used weatherFIT have seen impressive results. Specialty clothing and lingerie retailer Bravissimo saw a 599.5% increase in sales of their swimwear range in the three months following their integration of weatherFit, compared with the same period last year. Conversion also rose by a significant 103%.
"Using it to fine-tune our PPC advertising and promotions by taking into account local weather conditions really boosted sales in the crucial run-up to the holiday season - especially as the poor weather earlier in the year meant that consumers were spending more time at home," said Fiona Lomas, senior marketing manager at Bravissimo. "We will certainly continue to use weatherFIT as part of our online campaigns strategy."
The software recently picked up an award for 'Best PPC Management Software" at the UK Search Awards 2012 held in London on 1st November 2012.
Advertisers not in the U.K. will have to wait as the software is not yet available outside of the country.
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...