News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
BlueKai: More businesses pushing into DMP to help across platforms
New data out from BlueKai shows more businesses are looking at data management platforms to help them with cross-platform campaign plans. Less than half (40%) are currently utilizing DMP, but over the next year 30% more say they'll adopt DMP usage.
Other interesting findings include:
• 60% say horizontal integration is more important than vertical
• 66% report finding new prospects and gaining solid analytics are their priorities
• 81% say solid data will help them remain competitive
Horizontal integration would include leveraging data across units like display, social and mobile.
"Marketers have chased the mythical 1:1 marketing goal but the digital landscape was never designed for all these disparate systems to work together," said Marissa Gluck, founder of Radar Research. "DMP early adopters were all about maximizing their online media buys but now it's about driving ROI and applying the insights they have across all their channels; online, social, mobile, search and email."
"Our research findings show positive signs that brands are indeed embracing data to inform their marketing decision-making and they are doing so far beyond the reach of display advertising," said Cory Treffiletti, Senior Vice President of Marketing forBlueKai. "DMPs are a way for marketers to drive intelligent marketing across all of their channels and as more marketers understand this and begin to build out their 'marketing stack' we will see data become the core unit of their marketing efforts."
More than 200 senior marketing executives were polled for the report. BlueKai and Radar Research collaborated on the report.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...