News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
BlueKai: More businesses pushing into DMP to help across platforms
New data out from BlueKai shows more businesses are looking at data management platforms to help them with cross-platform campaign plans. Less than half (40%) are currently utilizing DMP, but over the next year 30% more say they'll adopt DMP usage.
Other interesting findings include:
• 60% say horizontal integration is more important than vertical
• 66% report finding new prospects and gaining solid analytics are their priorities
• 81% say solid data will help them remain competitive
Horizontal integration would include leveraging data across units like display, social and mobile.
"Marketers have chased the mythical 1:1 marketing goal but the digital landscape was never designed for all these disparate systems to work together," said Marissa Gluck, founder of Radar Research. "DMP early adopters were all about maximizing their online media buys but now it's about driving ROI and applying the insights they have across all their channels; online, social, mobile, search and email."
"Our research findings show positive signs that brands are indeed embracing data to inform their marketing decision-making and they are doing so far beyond the reach of display advertising," said Cory Treffiletti, Senior Vice President of Marketing forBlueKai. "DMPs are a way for marketers to drive intelligent marketing across all of their channels and as more marketers understand this and begin to build out their 'marketing stack' we will see data become the core unit of their marketing efforts."
More than 200 senior marketing executives were polled for the report. BlueKai and Radar Research collaborated on the report.
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...