News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Amazon ranks first and second in UK Christmas customer satisfaction survey
Amazon has come first and second in on online Christmas shopping customer satisfaction survey in the UK.
The 2012 findings from customer experience analytics firm ForeSee show Amazon.co.uk heading the list of companies satisfying consumers in the UK for the second year running. This year Amazon.co.uk scored 86 points, one point more than last year.
Amazon.com ranked second on the list with a score of 84.
In third behind the Amazons is Johnlewis.com, with a score of 80, followed by Play.com with 79, and Apple.com with 70.
Across all the retailers, satisfaction improved by just one point from 73 to 74, while the most-improved sites were Debenhams (up four points to 76), B&Q's DIY.com (up four to 71) and Asda Direct (up three points to 77).
Twenty-nine out of the leading 100 UK retailers analyzed were found to be underperforming which, says Larry Freed, ForeSee CEO, is dangerous in an extremely competitive market.
"UK retailers are clearly providing customers with positive online experiences in general, or customers would not be moving so decisively to online shopping," said Freed. "However, our findings suggest that efforts to improve the customer experience are sluggish and could be significantly improved."
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
- Top 3 tips to win with social this holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...