News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Amazon ranks first and second in UK Christmas customer satisfaction survey
Amazon has come first and second in on online Christmas shopping customer satisfaction survey in the UK.
The 2012 findings from customer experience analytics firm ForeSee show Amazon.co.uk heading the list of companies satisfying consumers in the UK for the second year running. This year Amazon.co.uk scored 86 points, one point more than last year.
Amazon.com ranked second on the list with a score of 84.
In third behind the Amazons is Johnlewis.com, with a score of 80, followed by Play.com with 79, and Apple.com with 70.
Across all the retailers, satisfaction improved by just one point from 73 to 74, while the most-improved sites were Debenhams (up four points to 76), B&Q's DIY.com (up four to 71) and Asda Direct (up three points to 77).
Twenty-nine out of the leading 100 UK retailers analyzed were found to be underperforming which, says Larry Freed, ForeSee CEO, is dangerous in an extremely competitive market.
"UK retailers are clearly providing customers with positive online experiences in general, or customers would not be moving so decisively to online shopping," said Freed. "However, our findings suggest that efforts to improve the customer experience are sluggish and could be significantly improved."
- Ad Roundup: New tools to track, serve ads
- How to maximize your content marketing strategy
- Ecommerce Roundup: Payment solutions and an email idea
- How for-profits can capitalize with non-profit strategy
- Study IDs most important shopper for retailers
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
Featured White Papers
- Use Social Data To Improve Your Social Marketing Maturity
We all have social data - and lots of it. But are you using it effectively? A brand's social data...