News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Almost a quarter of top brands use online video advertising
By analyzing data from their Online Video Measurement service, Kantar Media found that almost a quarter of top brands now include online video advertising as part of their overall marketing strategy.
Of the more than 4,100 brands that advertised through national television and online video sites in October this year, almost a quarter (23%) used online video, reveals Kantar Media. Of those, 11% used online video exclusively.
However, the vast majority (77%) continue to advertise on national television exclusively while 12% use a mixture of online video and television advertising.
Restaurants and automotive brands were found to be the most likely to use both channels, found Kantar Media, at 43% and 30% of brands respectively.
Internet communications and content companies, as well as resort and travel companies, were the most likely to use online video advertising exclusively, at 39% and 28% respectively.
"Consumer interest in online video is surging, but to date companies have had little insight into how this important channel is being used for marketing and advertising campaigns," says George Carens, President of Kantar Media Intelligence North America. "Our new service enables detailed tracking of information for the ads playing within online videos, providing a glimpse for the first time into the dynamics that are making online video one of the fastest growing digital advertising segments."
comScore's recent video viewing figures show that, in September this year, more video content was viewed online than ever before. Internet users watched over 39 billion online content videos during the month of September, cruising past the record of 27 billion in August, 2012.
- Videos best for Facebook reach, but don't ditch the photos
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
Featured White Papers
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...