News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Almost a quarter of top brands use online video advertising
By analyzing data from their Online Video Measurement service, Kantar Media found that almost a quarter of top brands now include online video advertising as part of their overall marketing strategy.
Of the more than 4,100 brands that advertised through national television and online video sites in October this year, almost a quarter (23%) used online video, reveals Kantar Media. Of those, 11% used online video exclusively.
However, the vast majority (77%) continue to advertise on national television exclusively while 12% use a mixture of online video and television advertising.
Restaurants and automotive brands were found to be the most likely to use both channels, found Kantar Media, at 43% and 30% of brands respectively.
Internet communications and content companies, as well as resort and travel companies, were the most likely to use online video advertising exclusively, at 39% and 28% respectively.
"Consumer interest in online video is surging, but to date companies have had little insight into how this important channel is being used for marketing and advertising campaigns," says George Carens, President of Kantar Media Intelligence North America. "Our new service enables detailed tracking of information for the ads playing within online videos, providing a glimpse for the first time into the dynamics that are making online video one of the fastest growing digital advertising segments."
comScore's recent video viewing figures show that, in September this year, more video content was viewed online than ever before. Internet users watched over 39 billion online content videos during the month of September, cruising past the record of 27 billion in August, 2012.
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
- Facebook trials 'Buy' button within advertisers' posts and ads
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...