News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Almost a quarter of top brands use online video advertising
By analyzing data from their Online Video Measurement service, Kantar Media found that almost a quarter of top brands now include online video advertising as part of their overall marketing strategy.
Of the more than 4,100 brands that advertised through national television and online video sites in October this year, almost a quarter (23%) used online video, reveals Kantar Media. Of those, 11% used online video exclusively.
However, the vast majority (77%) continue to advertise on national television exclusively while 12% use a mixture of online video and television advertising.
Restaurants and automotive brands were found to be the most likely to use both channels, found Kantar Media, at 43% and 30% of brands respectively.
Internet communications and content companies, as well as resort and travel companies, were the most likely to use online video advertising exclusively, at 39% and 28% respectively.
"Consumer interest in online video is surging, but to date companies have had little insight into how this important channel is being used for marketing and advertising campaigns," says George Carens, President of Kantar Media Intelligence North America. "Our new service enables detailed tracking of information for the ads playing within online videos, providing a glimpse for the first time into the dynamics that are making online video one of the fastest growing digital advertising segments."
comScore's recent video viewing figures show that, in September this year, more video content was viewed online than ever before. Internet users watched over 39 billion online content videos during the month of September, cruising past the record of 27 billion in August, 2012.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...