News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
81% of European shoppers would spend more for superior customer experience
Price plays an important role in the decision making process, but the vast majority of shoppers would pay extra for a superior customer experience, according to the results of a recent report by software firm Oracle.
Oracle's pan-European research of online shoppers who had made a complaint to a customer service department in the last year reveals that a whopping 81% of Europeans (90% in the UK) would pay more to ensure a superior customer experience. Furthermore, almost half would be willing to pay a premium of more than 5% to get such a level of customer service.
"Why Customer Satisfaction is No Longer Good Enough", also reveals what would drive consumers to spend more with a brand:
- 40% cited overall improvement in the customer experience;
- 35% cited quick and easy access to information that allows customers to ask questions; and,
- 32% cited and easy returns policy.
"As an absolute fundamental, businesses must ensure that their customer experience systems can support fulfillment and service to the extent demanded by consumers, while at all times making it as simple as possible for them to interact with the brand," says Danny Rippon, CRM business solutions director at Oracle. "This is the key both to winning new customers and retaining them for the long-haul."
A lousy customer experience is harmful to a brand's reputation and bottom line. Oracle's report shows that 70% of the shoppers interviewed had ceased to do business with a company following a bad customer experience. Worse still, most of them went straight to a competitor to complete their shopping.
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...