News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
81% of European shoppers would spend more for superior customer experience
Price plays an important role in the decision making process, but the vast majority of shoppers would pay extra for a superior customer experience, according to the results of a recent report by software firm Oracle.
Oracle's pan-European research of online shoppers who had made a complaint to a customer service department in the last year reveals that a whopping 81% of Europeans (90% in the UK) would pay more to ensure a superior customer experience. Furthermore, almost half would be willing to pay a premium of more than 5% to get such a level of customer service.
"Why Customer Satisfaction is No Longer Good Enough", also reveals what would drive consumers to spend more with a brand:
- 40% cited overall improvement in the customer experience;
- 35% cited quick and easy access to information that allows customers to ask questions; and,
- 32% cited and easy returns policy.
"As an absolute fundamental, businesses must ensure that their customer experience systems can support fulfillment and service to the extent demanded by consumers, while at all times making it as simple as possible for them to interact with the brand," says Danny Rippon, CRM business solutions director at Oracle. "This is the key both to winning new customers and retaining them for the long-haul."
A lousy customer experience is harmful to a brand's reputation and bottom line. Oracle's report shows that 70% of the shoppers interviewed had ceased to do business with a company following a bad customer experience. Worse still, most of them went straight to a competitor to complete their shopping.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...