News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
40% of consumers spend 5 - 10 mins making purchase decision online
Consumers aren't hanging around when making purchase decisions this festive season. New research from online retail firm Virginia Hayward reveals that today's fast-paced shopping environments are leading to swift choices.
According to hamper company Virginia Hayward, the increase in online, mobile and tablet shopping is allowing consumers to make quicker gift-buying decisions.
Their survey revealed that 40% of people spend between 5 and 10 minutes deciding whether or not to purchase a gift and 18% spending between 1 and 5 minutes.
"We have seen decision making and buying happening fairly quickly this year with around 82% of people who visit our site making a purchase on their first visit," says Justin Walmsley, Digital Marketing Manager at Virginia Hayward.
The survey also revealed that 46% of people prefer to buy their Christmas gifts online, compared to 34% on the high-street.
This backs up a recent figures released by online regulator Ofcom that show the UK is a nation of online shoppers, doing more online than any other major nation. UK consumers spend over $1,625 each year online, more than any other, with Australia in second place spending $1,360. The U.S. lies in fifth place behind Sweden and Ireland with a spend of $1,007 spent each per year
- Expert: Why brands must manage channel data
- Top 4 tips for SMBs to implement mobile strategies
- Top 3 tips to increase your brand's security
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....