News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
40% of consumers spend 5 - 10 mins making purchase decision online
Consumers aren't hanging around when making purchase decisions this festive season. New research from online retail firm Virginia Hayward reveals that today's fast-paced shopping environments are leading to swift choices.
According to hamper company Virginia Hayward, the increase in online, mobile and tablet shopping is allowing consumers to make quicker gift-buying decisions.
Their survey revealed that 40% of people spend between 5 and 10 minutes deciding whether or not to purchase a gift and 18% spending between 1 and 5 minutes.
"We have seen decision making and buying happening fairly quickly this year with around 82% of people who visit our site making a purchase on their first visit," says Justin Walmsley, Digital Marketing Manager at Virginia Hayward.
The survey also revealed that 46% of people prefer to buy their Christmas gifts online, compared to 34% on the high-street.
This backs up a recent figures released by online regulator Ofcom that show the UK is a nation of online shoppers, doing more online than any other major nation. UK consumers spend over $1,625 each year online, more than any other, with Australia in second place spending $1,360. The U.S. lies in fifth place behind Sweden and Ireland with a spend of $1,007 spent each per year
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...