News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
40% of consumers spend 5 - 10 mins making purchase decision online
Consumers aren't hanging around when making purchase decisions this festive season. New research from online retail firm Virginia Hayward reveals that today's fast-paced shopping environments are leading to swift choices.
According to hamper company Virginia Hayward, the increase in online, mobile and tablet shopping is allowing consumers to make quicker gift-buying decisions.
Their survey revealed that 40% of people spend between 5 and 10 minutes deciding whether or not to purchase a gift and 18% spending between 1 and 5 minutes.
"We have seen decision making and buying happening fairly quickly this year with around 82% of people who visit our site making a purchase on their first visit," says Justin Walmsley, Digital Marketing Manager at Virginia Hayward.
The survey also revealed that 46% of people prefer to buy their Christmas gifts online, compared to 34% on the high-street.
This backs up a recent figures released by online regulator Ofcom that show the UK is a nation of online shoppers, doing more online than any other major nation. UK consumers spend over $1,625 each year online, more than any other, with Australia in second place spending $1,360. The U.S. lies in fifth place behind Sweden and Ireland with a spend of $1,007 spent each per year
- SMBs: What to look for in your next device
- 3 ways analytics may be clouding your strategy
- Why brands need to know document search
- Half of cybersecurity experts say mobile payments are not secure
- Amazon the go-to place for consumers to search for products
- Which holiday season promos will motivate consumers to buy?
- Display ad revenues continue to rise despite ad blocking
- Mobile camera functionality key to capturing Millennials' loyalty
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...