News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
40% of consumers spend 5 - 10 mins making purchase decision online
Consumers aren't hanging around when making purchase decisions this festive season. New research from online retail firm Virginia Hayward reveals that today's fast-paced shopping environments are leading to swift choices.
According to hamper company Virginia Hayward, the increase in online, mobile and tablet shopping is allowing consumers to make quicker gift-buying decisions.
Their survey revealed that 40% of people spend between 5 and 10 minutes deciding whether or not to purchase a gift and 18% spending between 1 and 5 minutes.
"We have seen decision making and buying happening fairly quickly this year with around 82% of people who visit our site making a purchase on their first visit," says Justin Walmsley, Digital Marketing Manager at Virginia Hayward.
The survey also revealed that 46% of people prefer to buy their Christmas gifts online, compared to 34% on the high-street.
This backs up a recent figures released by online regulator Ofcom that show the UK is a nation of online shoppers, doing more online than any other major nation. UK consumers spend over $1,625 each year online, more than any other, with Australia in second place spending $1,360. The U.S. lies in fifth place behind Sweden and Ireland with a spend of $1,007 spent each per year
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
- 90% of marketers not trained in marketing performance, ROI
- Mobile plays significant role in the shopping habits of Boomers and Seniors
- Brands: Why Facebook ads may not be a cure-all
- Studies: Web performance impacting experience, Responsive Design slowing mobile sites
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...