News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
40% of consumers spend 5 - 10 mins making purchase decision online
Consumers aren't hanging around when making purchase decisions this festive season. New research from online retail firm Virginia Hayward reveals that today's fast-paced shopping environments are leading to swift choices.
According to hamper company Virginia Hayward, the increase in online, mobile and tablet shopping is allowing consumers to make quicker gift-buying decisions.
Their survey revealed that 40% of people spend between 5 and 10 minutes deciding whether or not to purchase a gift and 18% spending between 1 and 5 minutes.
"We have seen decision making and buying happening fairly quickly this year with around 82% of people who visit our site making a purchase on their first visit," says Justin Walmsley, Digital Marketing Manager at Virginia Hayward.
The survey also revealed that 46% of people prefer to buy their Christmas gifts online, compared to 34% on the high-street.
This backs up a recent figures released by online regulator Ofcom that show the UK is a nation of online shoppers, doing more online than any other major nation. UK consumers spend over $1,625 each year online, more than any other, with Australia in second place spending $1,360. The U.S. lies in fifth place behind Sweden and Ireland with a spend of $1,007 spent each per year
- Trends to watch for back-to-school
- Expert shares integration tips for cloud
- How machine learning can impact subscription service offerings
- Expert: How to know if the cloud is right for your business
- Ad Roundup: Targeting, Payments and Data
- Studies highlight importance of location, relevance
- SMBs: New labor laws could impact revenue lines
- Ad Roundup: Mobile, video and ecommerce
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...