News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YesMail: Shoppers buying early, often
Two more days until the US Thanksgiving holiday - the kick-off to the holiday shopping season - and yet one report shows that most consumers (51%) will likely finish shopping by the second week in December. And, before writing off mobile as a shopping platform, YesMail predicts mobile shopping will spend at least $800 over the next six weeks.
The 2012 holiday season is expected to deposit more than $586 billion in retailers' pockets, a 4% increase over 2011 shopping levels. Seven in ten shoppers say they'll spend more in 2012 than they did last year - and some will spend the excess on themselves. According to the YesMail report 60% of shoppers will spend at least $130 on themselves over the holidays. What can brands do now to capitalize?
"Marketers can maximize revenue by capitalizing on how consumers are using email and social channels to find the best offers," said Michael Fisher, President of Yesmail Interactive. "This is especially important during the holiday season when targeted campaigns that use the right channels are even more crucial to meeting end-of-year sales projections."
Mobile is one area where brands can make an impact. For shoppers, mobile devices are being used both in-store and on the couch. Shoppers are turning to mobile to visit branded websites (64%), looking for product reviews (63%) or comparing prices (48%) in-store.
Of those shopping early and often, 47% will be looking online to buy consumer electronics - including new tablets, reading devices and computers - while 56% will look online for music, movies and other entertainment content. Some of those buys will likely be to fill up those tablets and e-readers. Those shopping offline will be picking up jewelry (73%), clothing/apparel (65%) or toys (60%).
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...