News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YesMail: Shoppers buying early, often
Two more days until the US Thanksgiving holiday - the kick-off to the holiday shopping season - and yet one report shows that most consumers (51%) will likely finish shopping by the second week in December. And, before writing off mobile as a shopping platform, YesMail predicts mobile shopping will spend at least $800 over the next six weeks.
The 2012 holiday season is expected to deposit more than $586 billion in retailers' pockets, a 4% increase over 2011 shopping levels. Seven in ten shoppers say they'll spend more in 2012 than they did last year - and some will spend the excess on themselves. According to the YesMail report 60% of shoppers will spend at least $130 on themselves over the holidays. What can brands do now to capitalize?
"Marketers can maximize revenue by capitalizing on how consumers are using email and social channels to find the best offers," said Michael Fisher, President of Yesmail Interactive. "This is especially important during the holiday season when targeted campaigns that use the right channels are even more crucial to meeting end-of-year sales projections."
Mobile is one area where brands can make an impact. For shoppers, mobile devices are being used both in-store and on the couch. Shoppers are turning to mobile to visit branded websites (64%), looking for product reviews (63%) or comparing prices (48%) in-store.
Of those shopping early and often, 47% will be looking online to buy consumer electronics - including new tablets, reading devices and computers - while 56% will look online for music, movies and other entertainment content. Some of those buys will likely be to fill up those tablets and e-readers. Those shopping offline will be picking up jewelry (73%), clothing/apparel (65%) or toys (60%).
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
- 90% of marketers not trained in marketing performance, ROI
- Mobile plays significant role in the shopping habits of Boomers and Seniors
- Brands: Why Facebook ads may not be a cure-all
- Studies: Web performance impacting experience, Responsive Design slowing mobile sites
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...