News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YesMail: Shoppers buying early, often
Two more days until the US Thanksgiving holiday - the kick-off to the holiday shopping season - and yet one report shows that most consumers (51%) will likely finish shopping by the second week in December. And, before writing off mobile as a shopping platform, YesMail predicts mobile shopping will spend at least $800 over the next six weeks.
The 2012 holiday season is expected to deposit more than $586 billion in retailers' pockets, a 4% increase over 2011 shopping levels. Seven in ten shoppers say they'll spend more in 2012 than they did last year - and some will spend the excess on themselves. According to the YesMail report 60% of shoppers will spend at least $130 on themselves over the holidays. What can brands do now to capitalize?
"Marketers can maximize revenue by capitalizing on how consumers are using email and social channels to find the best offers," said Michael Fisher, President of Yesmail Interactive. "This is especially important during the holiday season when targeted campaigns that use the right channels are even more crucial to meeting end-of-year sales projections."
Mobile is one area where brands can make an impact. For shoppers, mobile devices are being used both in-store and on the couch. Shoppers are turning to mobile to visit branded websites (64%), looking for product reviews (63%) or comparing prices (48%) in-store.
Of those shopping early and often, 47% will be looking online to buy consumer electronics - including new tablets, reading devices and computers - while 56% will look online for music, movies and other entertainment content. Some of those buys will likely be to fill up those tablets and e-readers. Those shopping offline will be picking up jewelry (73%), clothing/apparel (65%) or toys (60%).
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- How dark social can impact brand
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...