News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YesMail: Shoppers buying early, often
Two more days until the US Thanksgiving holiday - the kick-off to the holiday shopping season - and yet one report shows that most consumers (51%) will likely finish shopping by the second week in December. And, before writing off mobile as a shopping platform, YesMail predicts mobile shopping will spend at least $800 over the next six weeks.
The 2012 holiday season is expected to deposit more than $586 billion in retailers' pockets, a 4% increase over 2011 shopping levels. Seven in ten shoppers say they'll spend more in 2012 than they did last year - and some will spend the excess on themselves. According to the YesMail report 60% of shoppers will spend at least $130 on themselves over the holidays. What can brands do now to capitalize?
"Marketers can maximize revenue by capitalizing on how consumers are using email and social channels to find the best offers," said Michael Fisher, President of Yesmail Interactive. "This is especially important during the holiday season when targeted campaigns that use the right channels are even more crucial to meeting end-of-year sales projections."
Mobile is one area where brands can make an impact. For shoppers, mobile devices are being used both in-store and on the couch. Shoppers are turning to mobile to visit branded websites (64%), looking for product reviews (63%) or comparing prices (48%) in-store.
Of those shopping early and often, 47% will be looking online to buy consumer electronics - including new tablets, reading devices and computers - while 56% will look online for music, movies and other entertainment content. Some of those buys will likely be to fill up those tablets and e-readers. Those shopping offline will be picking up jewelry (73%), clothing/apparel (65%) or toys (60%).
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
- Kinetic email boosts unique click and click-to-open rates
- Study: GenX, Y most likely to BOPIS
- Experts: Why points aren't enough for loyalty
- How to win the Amazon Buy Box
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
- Study: Digital strategy not properly defined
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...