News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YesMail: Shoppers buying early, often
Two more days until the US Thanksgiving holiday - the kick-off to the holiday shopping season - and yet one report shows that most consumers (51%) will likely finish shopping by the second week in December. And, before writing off mobile as a shopping platform, YesMail predicts mobile shopping will spend at least $800 over the next six weeks.
The 2012 holiday season is expected to deposit more than $586 billion in retailers' pockets, a 4% increase over 2011 shopping levels. Seven in ten shoppers say they'll spend more in 2012 than they did last year - and some will spend the excess on themselves. According to the YesMail report 60% of shoppers will spend at least $130 on themselves over the holidays. What can brands do now to capitalize?
"Marketers can maximize revenue by capitalizing on how consumers are using email and social channels to find the best offers," said Michael Fisher, President of Yesmail Interactive. "This is especially important during the holiday season when targeted campaigns that use the right channels are even more crucial to meeting end-of-year sales projections."
Mobile is one area where brands can make an impact. For shoppers, mobile devices are being used both in-store and on the couch. Shoppers are turning to mobile to visit branded websites (64%), looking for product reviews (63%) or comparing prices (48%) in-store.
Of those shopping early and often, 47% will be looking online to buy consumer electronics - including new tablets, reading devices and computers - while 56% will look online for music, movies and other entertainment content. Some of those buys will likely be to fill up those tablets and e-readers. Those shopping offline will be picking up jewelry (73%), clothing/apparel (65%) or toys (60%).
- Location accuracy analysis reveals improvement for mobile ad campaigns
- Research reveals Millennials' attitudes toward brands
- Survey: Online, offline shopping experiences 'merging'
- Message Systems flips email to up engagement
- Marketers beware - research your target market or risk stereotyping
- Google: U.S government user data requests up 250% since 2009
- Survey reveals general reluctance to pay for online content and apps
- Report: Online communities growing in importance
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...