News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Women more likely to hold grudge against firms providing bad online, offline experience
Consumers aren't quick to forget when they've had a bad in-store or online experience. However, according to an online YouGov survey commissioned by Emailvision, women are more likely to hold a grudge than men.
More than half (53%) of adult shoppers say that their experiences with a retail brand, both on- and offline, will determine where they shop over the holiday season, found Emailvision.
Retailers and marketers who are focusing more on offers and deals than on the overall customer experience could find themselves shunned.
Women, in particular, have a long memory when it comes to bad shopping experiences, moreso than men. Almost 6 in 10 women say their previous experiences influence where they shop compared to 48% of men.
The solution is data-driven. By using all available relevant data to personalize marketing messages, brands and retailers can build a closer relationship with customers.
"The goal for retailers should be to make communications and customer interactions engaging and seamlessly integrated into the holiday shopping experience," says Henry Smith, Product Marketing Director at Emailvision. "By weaving together appropriate communications, based on a customer's previous interactions with a brand, retailers can be sure they won't lose out on their portion of the holiday spending spree."
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
- Expert: Consent, Identity key for businesses
- UK ad viewability levels stagnate
- Supermarkets, technology brands' marketing campaigns most effective
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shipping, experience key to satisfaction
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...