News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Women more likely to hold grudge against firms providing bad online, offline experience
Consumers aren't quick to forget when they've had a bad in-store or online experience. However, according to an online YouGov survey commissioned by Emailvision, women are more likely to hold a grudge than men.
More than half (53%) of adult shoppers say that their experiences with a retail brand, both on- and offline, will determine where they shop over the holiday season, found Emailvision.
Retailers and marketers who are focusing more on offers and deals than on the overall customer experience could find themselves shunned.
Women, in particular, have a long memory when it comes to bad shopping experiences, moreso than men. Almost 6 in 10 women say their previous experiences influence where they shop compared to 48% of men.
The solution is data-driven. By using all available relevant data to personalize marketing messages, brands and retailers can build a closer relationship with customers.
"The goal for retailers should be to make communications and customer interactions engaging and seamlessly integrated into the holiday shopping experience," says Henry Smith, Product Marketing Director at Emailvision. "By weaving together appropriate communications, based on a customer's previous interactions with a brand, retailers can be sure they won't lose out on their portion of the holiday spending spree."
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...