News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Women more likely to hold grudge against firms providing bad online, offline experience
Consumers aren't quick to forget when they've had a bad in-store or online experience. However, according to an online YouGov survey commissioned by Emailvision, women are more likely to hold a grudge than men.
More than half (53%) of adult shoppers say that their experiences with a retail brand, both on- and offline, will determine where they shop over the holiday season, found Emailvision.
Retailers and marketers who are focusing more on offers and deals than on the overall customer experience could find themselves shunned.
Women, in particular, have a long memory when it comes to bad shopping experiences, moreso than men. Almost 6 in 10 women say their previous experiences influence where they shop compared to 48% of men.
The solution is data-driven. By using all available relevant data to personalize marketing messages, brands and retailers can build a closer relationship with customers.
"The goal for retailers should be to make communications and customer interactions engaging and seamlessly integrated into the holiday shopping experience," says Henry Smith, Product Marketing Director at Emailvision. "By weaving together appropriate communications, based on a customer's previous interactions with a brand, retailers can be sure they won't lose out on their portion of the holiday spending spree."
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...