News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Univision taps Outbrain for content discovery
Brands now have another entrée into the Hispanic marketplace: beginning today Outbrain will power content discovery through Univision Interactive, the digital arm of Univision communications. Through the integration, Outbrain will power paid recommendations through the site.
A new partnership between Outbrain and Univision is set up to help brands reach the ever-growing Hispanic marketplace. Outbrain will power paid reviews, giving Univision another revenue stream while offering Hispanic consumers on the site more relevant, engaging content. The launch follows a significant test, tasking Outbrain with increasing reader engagement across the site.
"We are furthering this partnership given the successes we've already experienced using Outbrain's content recommendation tools. This extension will generate a new revenue stream that benefits our audience, while meeting the rising interest from our advertisers," said Charlie Echeverry, executive vice president, Interactive Media Sales, Univision Interactive. "Moreover, it will serve one of our fundamental goals of deepening audience engagement and providing the most relevant content."
"With Hispanics rapidly approaching 20 percent of the total U.S. population, we felt that it was incredibly important to create a targeted offering, including Spanish-language capabilities, for the publishers that serve this demographic," said Outbrain's Vice President of Hispanic Markets, Erik Cima. "Not only are we proud to work with such a forward-thinking publisher, but Univision's massive penetration among U.S. Hispanics significantly boosts our footprint in this market."
Outbrain's product is used on more than 90,000 global website, serving more than 6 billion page views monthly. The platform helps consumers find relevant content, increasing site engagement and generating revenue for publishers through third-party content.
The Hispanic population makes up about 20% of the US population.
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...