News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.K. shoppers to spend 15 million hours online on Cyber Monday
Cyber Monday may have come and gone in the U.S., but in the U.K. the busiest online shopping day of the year is yet to happen. Experian Hitwise predicts that Cyber Monday in the U.K. will see millions of visits made to U.K. retail websites setting a new record as the busiest day ever in online retail history.
Online retailers in the U.K. are getting ready for what is expected to be the busiest pre-Christmas online shopping day in the country's history. Next Monday, 3 December, is the country's Cyber Monday, Experian Hitwise forecasts 115 million visits to U.K. retail websites, a 36% rise on last year.
In 2011, U.K. shoppers made 84.6 million visits to online retail sites on Cyber Monday, with Amazon and eBay representing 28% of all retail visits on that day.
Shoppers are expected to spend 15 million hours online on Cyber Monday this year, says James Murray, digital insight manager at Experian Marketing Services, that's 15 minutes for each person in the country. The number of hours spent online shopping during the whole of December is forecast to reach 375 million.
"This will be the peak of pre-Christmas shopping in the UK so marketers need to make sure their campaigns are in place to maximise traffic on Cyber Monday: it's not too late to promote special offers through email and social media," said Murray. "Understanding what people are interested in, the best channels to engage customers through and when to reach them will be crucial to success this Christmas."
- Working 9-5 becoming a thing of the past?
- Accordant Media: 151% increase in global programmatic auction volume
- Report: Digital will be strong through holiday season
- Expert: How to ready for speech analytics
- Study: CPG to top $10b this year
- Newspapers go digital but readers continue to pick up a print copy
- Expert: How subscriptions are driving retail
- Report: US small businesses pushing international
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...
- Key Tools for Engagement Marketing
Dig into the concept of digital marketing and how to be successful in today's modern, complex business landscape...