News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.K. shoppers to spend 15 million hours online on Cyber Monday
Cyber Monday may have come and gone in the U.S., but in the U.K. the busiest online shopping day of the year is yet to happen. Experian Hitwise predicts that Cyber Monday in the U.K. will see millions of visits made to U.K. retail websites setting a new record as the busiest day ever in online retail history.
Online retailers in the U.K. are getting ready for what is expected to be the busiest pre-Christmas online shopping day in the country's history. Next Monday, 3 December, is the country's Cyber Monday, Experian Hitwise forecasts 115 million visits to U.K. retail websites, a 36% rise on last year.
In 2011, U.K. shoppers made 84.6 million visits to online retail sites on Cyber Monday, with Amazon and eBay representing 28% of all retail visits on that day.
Shoppers are expected to spend 15 million hours online on Cyber Monday this year, says James Murray, digital insight manager at Experian Marketing Services, that's 15 minutes for each person in the country. The number of hours spent online shopping during the whole of December is forecast to reach 375 million.
"This will be the peak of pre-Christmas shopping in the UK so marketers need to make sure their campaigns are in place to maximise traffic on Cyber Monday: it's not too late to promote special offers through email and social media," said Murray. "Understanding what people are interested in, the best channels to engage customers through and when to reach them will be crucial to success this Christmas."
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...