News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tumblr NOT in top 10 U.S. most popular website list
An excited and overwhelmed David Karp announced to his staff at Tumblr today that the microblogging service has achieved a spot among the top ten sites in the U.S., but he was mistaken.
In the five years since its launch, Tumblr has amassed an impressive global monthly audience of almost 170 million people, according to new data from web measurement company Quantcast.
In the U.S. alone, 61.3 million people visit the site every month, posting and viewing photos, text, quotes and all manner of content.
In a post on Tumblr's staff blog, CEO David Karp proclaims a milestone has been reached and that the site has entered into the top 10 most trafficked sites in the U.S.
"Hey everyone! I have an exciting and slightly overwhelming milestone to share with you. Tumblr has broken into the Top 10 sites in the U.S., and now has a worldwide audience of 170 million people."
However, the placement by Quantcast at number nine is for traffic to the entire Tumblr 'network' of blogs and not for the website itself. Tumblr's site actually sits at number 15 in the top U.S. sites list.
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...