News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tumblr NOT in top 10 U.S. most popular website list
An excited and overwhelmed David Karp announced to his staff at Tumblr today that the microblogging service has achieved a spot among the top ten sites in the U.S., but he was mistaken.
In the five years since its launch, Tumblr has amassed an impressive global monthly audience of almost 170 million people, according to new data from web measurement company Quantcast.
In the U.S. alone, 61.3 million people visit the site every month, posting and viewing photos, text, quotes and all manner of content.
In a post on Tumblr's staff blog, CEO David Karp proclaims a milestone has been reached and that the site has entered into the top 10 most trafficked sites in the U.S.
"Hey everyone! I have an exciting and slightly overwhelming milestone to share with you. Tumblr has broken into the Top 10 sites in the U.S., and now has a worldwide audience of 170 million people."
However, the placement by Quantcast at number nine is for traffic to the entire Tumblr 'network' of blogs and not for the website itself. Tumblr's site actually sits at number 15 in the top U.S. sites list.
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....