News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tumblr NOT in top 10 U.S. most popular website list
An excited and overwhelmed David Karp announced to his staff at Tumblr today that the microblogging service has achieved a spot among the top ten sites in the U.S., but he was mistaken.
In the five years since its launch, Tumblr has amassed an impressive global monthly audience of almost 170 million people, according to new data from web measurement company Quantcast.
In the U.S. alone, 61.3 million people visit the site every month, posting and viewing photos, text, quotes and all manner of content.
In a post on Tumblr's staff blog, CEO David Karp proclaims a milestone has been reached and that the site has entered into the top 10 most trafficked sites in the U.S.
"Hey everyone! I have an exciting and slightly overwhelming milestone to share with you. Tumblr has broken into the Top 10 sites in the U.S., and now has a worldwide audience of 170 million people."
However, the placement by Quantcast at number nine is for traffic to the entire Tumblr 'network' of blogs and not for the website itself. Tumblr's site actually sits at number 15 in the top U.S. sites list.
- Unplug for your health and mental well-being, urges parenting website
- Questionable activity on social media turns consumers away from brands
- Study: Still a disconnect between data, growth
- Expert: How SMBs can be more productive
- Study: Transparency important to CPG buyers
- Report outlines the impact on brands of email fraud
- Millennials losing faith in traditional banks, trust tech firms more
- Report finds 'last mile' issues continue to dismay consumers
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...