News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tumblr NOT in top 10 U.S. most popular website list
An excited and overwhelmed David Karp announced to his staff at Tumblr today that the microblogging service has achieved a spot among the top ten sites in the U.S., but he was mistaken.
In the five years since its launch, Tumblr has amassed an impressive global monthly audience of almost 170 million people, according to new data from web measurement company Quantcast.
In the U.S. alone, 61.3 million people visit the site every month, posting and viewing photos, text, quotes and all manner of content.
In a post on Tumblr's staff blog, CEO David Karp proclaims a milestone has been reached and that the site has entered into the top 10 most trafficked sites in the U.S.
"Hey everyone! I have an exciting and slightly overwhelming milestone to share with you. Tumblr has broken into the Top 10 sites in the U.S., and now has a worldwide audience of 170 million people."
However, the placement by Quantcast at number nine is for traffic to the entire Tumblr 'network' of blogs and not for the website itself. Tumblr's site actually sits at number 15 in the top U.S. sites list.
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
- Shoppers don't care for social integration of mobile apps
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...