News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tumblr NOT in top 10 U.S. most popular website list
An excited and overwhelmed David Karp announced to his staff at Tumblr today that the microblogging service has achieved a spot among the top ten sites in the U.S., but he was mistaken.
In the five years since its launch, Tumblr has amassed an impressive global monthly audience of almost 170 million people, according to new data from web measurement company Quantcast.
In the U.S. alone, 61.3 million people visit the site every month, posting and viewing photos, text, quotes and all manner of content.
In a post on Tumblr's staff blog, CEO David Karp proclaims a milestone has been reached and that the site has entered into the top 10 most trafficked sites in the U.S.
"Hey everyone! I have an exciting and slightly overwhelming milestone to share with you. Tumblr has broken into the Top 10 sites in the U.S., and now has a worldwide audience of 170 million people."
However, the placement by Quantcast at number nine is for traffic to the entire Tumblr 'network' of blogs and not for the website itself. Tumblr's site actually sits at number 15 in the top U.S. sites list.
- Research reveals power of user-generated images in reviews
- Study: Visuals important in reviews
- Consumers increasingly comfortable with mHealth options
- Study: Personalization important for rewards
- Retailers: How to use out-of-store events to engage
- Why do online shoppers switch devices between research and purchase?
- Video ad budgets increasingly diversifying beyond pre-roll
- Reports: Mobile, deals important to shoppers
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...