News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 4 ways advocates will help brands through 2012 holidays
It is no secret that advocates are a kind of super hero for brands. These loyal and engaged consumers talk about brands, review products, tell friends and start conversations - in real life and through social media. One experts explains how brand advocates could change the 2012 holiday season for brands.
First, advocates share offers.
"Advocates are avid sharers," said Rob Fuggetta, Founder and CEO, Zuberance. "They'll gladly share an offer or discount on Facebook, Twitter, email, and more so their friends can enjoy the same great experience you've given them. Amplified by social media, Advocates will help you reach thousands to millions of holiday shoppers at a fraction of the cost of paid media."
Second, advocates speed purchases by offering recommendations to friends and colleagues. According to Forrester Research 7 in 10 shopping carts are abandoned. Those cart abandoners, say Fuggetta, are more likely to complete the purchase if an advocate has made the buying suggestion. This is especially true for big ticket items like electronics.
Third, advocates increase clicks and traffic.
"The average click through rate for Advocate-shared content such as the reviews and testimonials they create plus branded content and offers is about 50%. This is about 10X higher than click through rates for traditional online marketing."
Fourth, advocates spread branded messages for free - that is marketing brands don't have to pay for which lowers the overall ROI of a campaign or sales push.
"A VoIp provider is acquiring customers for 54% less than other online marketing channels by getting its Advocates to share promotional offers with their friends on Facebook, Twitter, Email, and more."
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- British consumers will give up more personal data for discounts, free delivery
- How dark social can impact brand
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...