News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 4 ways advocates will help brands through 2012 holidays
It is no secret that advocates are a kind of super hero for brands. These loyal and engaged consumers talk about brands, review products, tell friends and start conversations - in real life and through social media. One experts explains how brand advocates could change the 2012 holiday season for brands.
First, advocates share offers.
"Advocates are avid sharers," said Rob Fuggetta, Founder and CEO, Zuberance. "They'll gladly share an offer or discount on Facebook, Twitter, email, and more so their friends can enjoy the same great experience you've given them. Amplified by social media, Advocates will help you reach thousands to millions of holiday shoppers at a fraction of the cost of paid media."
Second, advocates speed purchases by offering recommendations to friends and colleagues. According to Forrester Research 7 in 10 shopping carts are abandoned. Those cart abandoners, say Fuggetta, are more likely to complete the purchase if an advocate has made the buying suggestion. This is especially true for big ticket items like electronics.
Third, advocates increase clicks and traffic.
"The average click through rate for Advocate-shared content such as the reviews and testimonials they create plus branded content and offers is about 50%. This is about 10X higher than click through rates for traditional online marketing."
Fourth, advocates spread branded messages for free - that is marketing brands don't have to pay for which lowers the overall ROI of a campaign or sales push.
"A VoIp provider is acquiring customers for 54% less than other online marketing channels by getting its Advocates to share promotional offers with their friends on Facebook, Twitter, Email, and more."
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...