News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 4 ways advocates will help brands through 2012 holidays
It is no secret that advocates are a kind of super hero for brands. These loyal and engaged consumers talk about brands, review products, tell friends and start conversations - in real life and through social media. One experts explains how brand advocates could change the 2012 holiday season for brands.
First, advocates share offers.
"Advocates are avid sharers," said Rob Fuggetta, Founder and CEO, Zuberance. "They'll gladly share an offer or discount on Facebook, Twitter, email, and more so their friends can enjoy the same great experience you've given them. Amplified by social media, Advocates will help you reach thousands to millions of holiday shoppers at a fraction of the cost of paid media."
Second, advocates speed purchases by offering recommendations to friends and colleagues. According to Forrester Research 7 in 10 shopping carts are abandoned. Those cart abandoners, say Fuggetta, are more likely to complete the purchase if an advocate has made the buying suggestion. This is especially true for big ticket items like electronics.
Third, advocates increase clicks and traffic.
"The average click through rate for Advocate-shared content such as the reviews and testimonials they create plus branded content and offers is about 50%. This is about 10X higher than click through rates for traditional online marketing."
Fourth, advocates spread branded messages for free - that is marketing brands don't have to pay for which lowers the overall ROI of a campaign or sales push.
"A VoIp provider is acquiring customers for 54% less than other online marketing channels by getting its Advocates to share promotional offers with their friends on Facebook, Twitter, Email, and more."
- Study: Mobile video a compliment to TV
- Mobile sites leaving customers hungry
- Survey: Most create videos as keepsakes
- Ad RoundUp: Ecommerce deployments key in on data
- Online and mobile shopping experience still failing to meet consumer expectations
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Smartphone shopping up but revenue remains low
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...