News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 4 ways advocates will help brands through 2012 holidays
It is no secret that advocates are a kind of super hero for brands. These loyal and engaged consumers talk about brands, review products, tell friends and start conversations - in real life and through social media. One experts explains how brand advocates could change the 2012 holiday season for brands.
First, advocates share offers.
"Advocates are avid sharers," said Rob Fuggetta, Founder and CEO, Zuberance. "They'll gladly share an offer or discount on Facebook, Twitter, email, and more so their friends can enjoy the same great experience you've given them. Amplified by social media, Advocates will help you reach thousands to millions of holiday shoppers at a fraction of the cost of paid media."
Second, advocates speed purchases by offering recommendations to friends and colleagues. According to Forrester Research 7 in 10 shopping carts are abandoned. Those cart abandoners, say Fuggetta, are more likely to complete the purchase if an advocate has made the buying suggestion. This is especially true for big ticket items like electronics.
Third, advocates increase clicks and traffic.
"The average click through rate for Advocate-shared content such as the reviews and testimonials they create plus branded content and offers is about 50%. This is about 10X higher than click through rates for traditional online marketing."
Fourth, advocates spread branded messages for free - that is marketing brands don't have to pay for which lowers the overall ROI of a campaign or sales push.
"A VoIp provider is acquiring customers for 54% less than other online marketing channels by getting its Advocates to share promotional offers with their friends on Facebook, Twitter, Email, and more."
- Experiences - not amenities - create most social media chatter about hotels
- Younger consumers will share personal data in exchange for more accurate search results
- Forecast: App store spend to increase 33%
- Report shows Southwest winning digital airline wars
- Expert: Why unsubscribes aren't necessarily bad
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...