News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Thanksgiving Day cooks had an app-etite for mobile in the kitchen
In the week leading up to Thanksgiving Day home cooks searched the Internet for meal ideas and recipes. This year, the main ingredient used for searching online food content was mobile.
Allrecipes.com certainly put on some weight during the Thanksgiving Day holiday, at least in terms of traffic.
The major online food brand, that attracts more than one billion visits per year, had its busiest traffic day ever on the day before Thanksgiving Day. More than 7.9 million home cooks visited the site looking for meal ideas, recipes and instructional videos.
According to Allrecipes, more cooks than ever before are taking their mobile devices into the kitchen instead of a cookbook or laptop. Visits to the foodie site were up 97% year-on-year in the week leading up to Thanksgiving Day, with the total number of visits from mobile devices reaching 12 million. Nearly 4 million home cooks visited Allrecipes from a tablet device during the week leading up to Thanksgiving, a 232% increase year-on-year.
"Thanksgiving is the most popular holiday for a home-cooked feast. Seventy percent of home cooks prepared for a Thanksgiving meals this year, and it's so rewarding to be the go-to food resource for them as they embrace the latest digital technologies, platforms and devices to simplify meal planning," said Lisa Sharples, president of Allrecipes.com.
"Allrecipes has always believed digital technology, social media, and online communities would revolutionize how, when, and where cooks are thinking about their next meal, so it's thrilling for us to see the numbers continue to rise each year!"
With more than 15 million downloads worldwide, Allrecipes' mobile apps are the most popular across all platforms. The recently released Video Cookbook for iOS and Windows 8 had approximately 20,000 unique visitors during the week leading up to Thanksgiving Day.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...