News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Half of US consumers want tablets for Christmas
The hottest tech gifts this holiday season will likely be repeat - albeit updated repeats - of 2011. That, according to a new TechBargains survey. According to the report more than half of US adults have a tablet high on their list of wanted gifts this Christmas. Nearly half (46%) will buy a tablet for someone else; 34% plan to gift themselves with a tablet.
In fact, one in four people say they'll give up buying another gadget if they can have a tablet instead. The survey shows 53% plan to buy a tablet while one-quarter say they'll shell out for a smartphone. New television sets and laptops are also on the Tech Wanted lists. Other interesting findings include:
• 33% say they want Google's Nexus 7 tablet
• 30% say they want an iPad
• 24% want the iPad Mini or the Kindle Fire HD
Just over one-fifth will spend between $250 and $500 on a tablet while about half of those surveyed say they'll spend at least half their holiday budget on electronics/tech buys.
"With more tablets on the market to fit every size budget, our survey reveals consumers are even more interested this year versus last year in giving and receiving a tablet - the must have tech gadget this holiday season," said Yung Trang, president and editor-in-chief of TechBargains.com.
As for how they'll make buying decisions most (87%) say they'll look to consumer product reviews while 77% will looking for free shipping deals. Nearly 70% will base their buys on brand reputation and 61% will look for discounts.
- Oxford Dictionaries announces 'word of the year' and it is not a word
- Last-minute shopping on the rise during holiday season
- Ecommerce Roundup: Gift cards to push holiday spending
- Top 3 tips to improve Pinterest strategy
- Top strategies for mobile email
- Movable Ink: Most emails read for just 3 seconds or less
- Forecast: Mobile to push nearly half of Thanksgiving Weekend sales
- Reports: Millennials look at Thanksgiving differently
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...