News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Half of US consumers want tablets for Christmas
The hottest tech gifts this holiday season will likely be repeat - albeit updated repeats - of 2011. That, according to a new TechBargains survey. According to the report more than half of US adults have a tablet high on their list of wanted gifts this Christmas. Nearly half (46%) will buy a tablet for someone else; 34% plan to gift themselves with a tablet.
In fact, one in four people say they'll give up buying another gadget if they can have a tablet instead. The survey shows 53% plan to buy a tablet while one-quarter say they'll shell out for a smartphone. New television sets and laptops are also on the Tech Wanted lists. Other interesting findings include:
• 33% say they want Google's Nexus 7 tablet
• 30% say they want an iPad
• 24% want the iPad Mini or the Kindle Fire HD
Just over one-fifth will spend between $250 and $500 on a tablet while about half of those surveyed say they'll spend at least half their holiday budget on electronics/tech buys.
"With more tablets on the market to fit every size budget, our survey reveals consumers are even more interested this year versus last year in giving and receiving a tablet - the must have tech gadget this holiday season," said Yung Trang, president and editor-in-chief of TechBargains.com.
As for how they'll make buying decisions most (87%) say they'll look to consumer product reviews while 77% will looking for free shipping deals. Nearly 70% will base their buys on brand reputation and 61% will look for discounts.
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...