News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Data concerns arise from online, mobile shoppers
Holiday shoppers may be hitting cyber shelves hard so far this season, but that doesn't mean retailers can relax. A new survey indicates more and more consumers are worried about their privacy while shopping.
According to new data out from nFluence half of those surveyed are 'very or extremely worried' about mobile carriers holding on to their information after they've make a mobile purchase; online retailers aren't out of the woods, either, as 55% worry that ISPs may hold their personal information. Other interesting findings include:
• 48% of younger shoppers worry about ISP privacy (42% worry about ISP privacy)
• 58% of older shoppers worry about ISP privacy (53% about mobile privacy)
• Only about one-quarter of both younger and older shoppers worried about information they provided to the carrier
"The data not only shows the level of worry about personal information, but also highlights the power of asking consumers for information instead of tracking them without consent," said Henry Lawson, CEO of nFluence. "These results are an encouraging sign as we continue to find new opportunities for our technology."
As for the number of shoppers hitting mobile, ShopAtHome reports that through Cyber Monday mobile traffic was up 17% YoY, with traffic increasing more than 200% via iPad. Overall mobile traffic increased 24% for the Thanksgiving Weekend.
"While Cyber Monday savings are now an expected occurrence, this year we have seen that you don't have to wait until you're back at work to get the best online deals," said Marc Braunstein, founder and CEO, ShopAtHome. "Our report shows that, while shoppers are still a big fan of Cyber Monday shopping, they are spreading out their purchases across the entire holiday weekend, something we expect to continue in the years to come."
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....