News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Data concerns arise from online, mobile shoppers
Holiday shoppers may be hitting cyber shelves hard so far this season, but that doesn't mean retailers can relax. A new survey indicates more and more consumers are worried about their privacy while shopping.
According to new data out from nFluence half of those surveyed are 'very or extremely worried' about mobile carriers holding on to their information after they've make a mobile purchase; online retailers aren't out of the woods, either, as 55% worry that ISPs may hold their personal information. Other interesting findings include:
• 48% of younger shoppers worry about ISP privacy (42% worry about ISP privacy)
• 58% of older shoppers worry about ISP privacy (53% about mobile privacy)
• Only about one-quarter of both younger and older shoppers worried about information they provided to the carrier
"The data not only shows the level of worry about personal information, but also highlights the power of asking consumers for information instead of tracking them without consent," said Henry Lawson, CEO of nFluence. "These results are an encouraging sign as we continue to find new opportunities for our technology."
As for the number of shoppers hitting mobile, ShopAtHome reports that through Cyber Monday mobile traffic was up 17% YoY, with traffic increasing more than 200% via iPad. Overall mobile traffic increased 24% for the Thanksgiving Weekend.
"While Cyber Monday savings are now an expected occurrence, this year we have seen that you don't have to wait until you're back at work to get the best online deals," said Marc Braunstein, founder and CEO, ShopAtHome. "Our report shows that, while shoppers are still a big fan of Cyber Monday shopping, they are spreading out their purchases across the entire holiday weekend, something we expect to continue in the years to come."
- Study: What consumers really want from loyalty programs
- Top 4 Tips to Manage Relationship Between Developers, Marketers
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
- Brands: How to engage Millennials in your work force
- Top 3 tips to monetize traffic
- U.S. presidential elections: Digital media use up, television still dominant
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...