News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Data concerns arise from online, mobile shoppers
Holiday shoppers may be hitting cyber shelves hard so far this season, but that doesn't mean retailers can relax. A new survey indicates more and more consumers are worried about their privacy while shopping.
According to new data out from nFluence half of those surveyed are 'very or extremely worried' about mobile carriers holding on to their information after they've make a mobile purchase; online retailers aren't out of the woods, either, as 55% worry that ISPs may hold their personal information. Other interesting findings include:
• 48% of younger shoppers worry about ISP privacy (42% worry about ISP privacy)
• 58% of older shoppers worry about ISP privacy (53% about mobile privacy)
• Only about one-quarter of both younger and older shoppers worried about information they provided to the carrier
"The data not only shows the level of worry about personal information, but also highlights the power of asking consumers for information instead of tracking them without consent," said Henry Lawson, CEO of nFluence. "These results are an encouraging sign as we continue to find new opportunities for our technology."
As for the number of shoppers hitting mobile, ShopAtHome reports that through Cyber Monday mobile traffic was up 17% YoY, with traffic increasing more than 200% via iPad. Overall mobile traffic increased 24% for the Thanksgiving Weekend.
"While Cyber Monday savings are now an expected occurrence, this year we have seen that you don't have to wait until you're back at work to get the best online deals," said Marc Braunstein, founder and CEO, ShopAtHome. "Our report shows that, while shoppers are still a big fan of Cyber Monday shopping, they are spreading out their purchases across the entire holiday weekend, something we expect to continue in the years to come."
- Nielsen: Generations bucking preconceived notions of behavior
- Study reveals shopping habits not influenced by Black Friday flash sales
- Study: Shoppers plan to spend more, save more this holiday
- How to respond to bad reviews
- Top tips for a better 2016 IT strategy
- Click-and-collect drives additional in-store sales
- Oxford Dictionaries announces 'word of the year' and it is not a word
- Last-minute shopping on the rise during holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...