News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Businesses pushing social
Digital brands are looking for more ways to stay relevant with an ever sifting customer base. For many this means testing new options in the digital space. It also means changing how money is spent in the digital ad space. According to one report, one of those shifts is coming between search and social.
The 2012 Digital Optimizer Survey out from Lyris shows more brands making a change between search and social - namely that more time and energy is being spent on social because it's seen as having a higher return on investment (ROI) than search at this point. Other interesting findings include:
• Most respondents believe email holds the highest ROI, half say triggered emails and one-third say segmentation drive results
• Social ROI is beating SEO and SEM options
• 66% say they have a blog but only 22% say they see ROI from the blog
"Today's digital marketers face an increasingly complex customer interaction landscape. In order to succeed, marketers must be able to harness the power of data to connect with buyers in simple, meaningful ways," said Alex Lustberg, CMO of Lyris. "However, as we continue to evaluate marketing investments we have found that there is an increased need for best practices and analytics that can deliver the actionable insights to improve marketing effectiveness."
Although email is seen to have some of the best results for brands, they continue to lament subscriber bases and deliverability numbers. And, although social media - specifically Facebook - is seen has a positive impact on campaigns only about half are offering social sharing tools within their websites, ads and other content. Over the next year 51% say they'll increase Facebook spending.
And, for mobile, the future is indeed bright. Primarily because mobile adoption from advertisers has been slow. According to the report less than one-third use mobile tactics and only 21% say they design mobile version of email campaigns.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...