News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Businesses pushing social
Digital brands are looking for more ways to stay relevant with an ever sifting customer base. For many this means testing new options in the digital space. It also means changing how money is spent in the digital ad space. According to one report, one of those shifts is coming between search and social.
The 2012 Digital Optimizer Survey out from Lyris shows more brands making a change between search and social - namely that more time and energy is being spent on social because it's seen as having a higher return on investment (ROI) than search at this point. Other interesting findings include:
• Most respondents believe email holds the highest ROI, half say triggered emails and one-third say segmentation drive results
• Social ROI is beating SEO and SEM options
• 66% say they have a blog but only 22% say they see ROI from the blog
"Today's digital marketers face an increasingly complex customer interaction landscape. In order to succeed, marketers must be able to harness the power of data to connect with buyers in simple, meaningful ways," said Alex Lustberg, CMO of Lyris. "However, as we continue to evaluate marketing investments we have found that there is an increased need for best practices and analytics that can deliver the actionable insights to improve marketing effectiveness."
Although email is seen to have some of the best results for brands, they continue to lament subscriber bases and deliverability numbers. And, although social media - specifically Facebook - is seen has a positive impact on campaigns only about half are offering social sharing tools within their websites, ads and other content. Over the next year 51% say they'll increase Facebook spending.
And, for mobile, the future is indeed bright. Primarily because mobile adoption from advertisers has been slow. According to the report less than one-third use mobile tactics and only 21% say they design mobile version of email campaigns.
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...