News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: 44% of shoppers will purchase via tablet this Christmas
Online shopping isn't new to the retail space, but mobile - and tablet - shopping is. At least to some retail brands. A new report indicates brands need to get up to speed quickly where tablet shopping concerned because nearly half of shoppers will make a purchase via tablet over the 2012 holidays.
According to Pew Research about half the US population has a mobile device. According to the report 52% will shop the same amount or more from a tablet this year while 73% say they'll shop the same or more from a laptop/desktop PC this year. In-store buys will still get the biggest hit, with 82% saying they'll shop in store as much or more than they did in 2011.
According to the Zmags Holiday Survey:
• 44% of online shoppers will make a purchase via tablet during the 2012 holidays
• 63% say they'll shop across platforms - including online and catalogs/gift guides
• 39% say sites that don't offer online product reviews are a problem
• 40% say they'll look at offline catalogs but most won't buy via catalog in 2012
Scott Bleczinski, President of Zmags said, "What we found particularly interesting is that consumers still look to print magazines and catalogs for inspiration, yet few will actually use them to make their gift purchases. To succeed this holiday season, retailers will need to provide the immersive, inspiring experience that shoppers get from catalogs across all of their shoppable channels - Web, mobile and social."
Also of interest, while in-store shoppers still make up the bulk of holiday purchasers, mobile shoppers will buy from tablet/smart-device more often than in-store shoppers. Likely because consumers make specific trips to the local malls or stores to find gifts, but mobile devices are handy while they're home or at work and when they hear an ad or get a product recommendations. In fact, nearly half of online/mobile shoppers will buy at least weekly from their device.
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....