News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: 44% of shoppers will purchase via tablet this Christmas
Online shopping isn't new to the retail space, but mobile - and tablet - shopping is. At least to some retail brands. A new report indicates brands need to get up to speed quickly where tablet shopping concerned because nearly half of shoppers will make a purchase via tablet over the 2012 holidays.
According to Pew Research about half the US population has a mobile device. According to the report 52% will shop the same amount or more from a tablet this year while 73% say they'll shop the same or more from a laptop/desktop PC this year. In-store buys will still get the biggest hit, with 82% saying they'll shop in store as much or more than they did in 2011.
According to the Zmags Holiday Survey:
• 44% of online shoppers will make a purchase via tablet during the 2012 holidays
• 63% say they'll shop across platforms - including online and catalogs/gift guides
• 39% say sites that don't offer online product reviews are a problem
• 40% say they'll look at offline catalogs but most won't buy via catalog in 2012
Scott Bleczinski, President of Zmags said, "What we found particularly interesting is that consumers still look to print magazines and catalogs for inspiration, yet few will actually use them to make their gift purchases. To succeed this holiday season, retailers will need to provide the immersive, inspiring experience that shoppers get from catalogs across all of their shoppable channels - Web, mobile and social."
Also of interest, while in-store shoppers still make up the bulk of holiday purchasers, mobile shoppers will buy from tablet/smart-device more often than in-store shoppers. Likely because consumers make specific trips to the local malls or stores to find gifts, but mobile devices are handy while they're home or at work and when they hear an ad or get a product recommendations. In fact, nearly half of online/mobile shoppers will buy at least weekly from their device.
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...