News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: 44% of shoppers will purchase via tablet this Christmas
Online shopping isn't new to the retail space, but mobile - and tablet - shopping is. At least to some retail brands. A new report indicates brands need to get up to speed quickly where tablet shopping concerned because nearly half of shoppers will make a purchase via tablet over the 2012 holidays.
According to Pew Research about half the US population has a mobile device. According to the report 52% will shop the same amount or more from a tablet this year while 73% say they'll shop the same or more from a laptop/desktop PC this year. In-store buys will still get the biggest hit, with 82% saying they'll shop in store as much or more than they did in 2011.
According to the Zmags Holiday Survey:
• 44% of online shoppers will make a purchase via tablet during the 2012 holidays
• 63% say they'll shop across platforms - including online and catalogs/gift guides
• 39% say sites that don't offer online product reviews are a problem
• 40% say they'll look at offline catalogs but most won't buy via catalog in 2012
Scott Bleczinski, President of Zmags said, "What we found particularly interesting is that consumers still look to print magazines and catalogs for inspiration, yet few will actually use them to make their gift purchases. To succeed this holiday season, retailers will need to provide the immersive, inspiring experience that shoppers get from catalogs across all of their shoppable channels - Web, mobile and social."
Also of interest, while in-store shoppers still make up the bulk of holiday purchasers, mobile shoppers will buy from tablet/smart-device more often than in-store shoppers. Likely because consumers make specific trips to the local malls or stores to find gifts, but mobile devices are handy while they're home or at work and when they hear an ad or get a product recommendations. In fact, nearly half of online/mobile shoppers will buy at least weekly from their device.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...