News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Push notifications engaging consumers
For the last couple of years brands have been testing push options in their mobile campaign plans. In many cases brands geo-fence a certain area and when an opt-in consumer enters that area, a message is sent through their mobile device. New data from Urban Airship offers brands five times the engagement of typical mobile ads.
Other interesting findings include:
• Push notifications doubled 4-month app user retention rates
• Apps with high push engagement push 388% more app opens
• Medium and low push engagement apps push 170% to 77% open increases
"Consumers that invite you in to message them on the one device they are never without, should be considered your most valuable customers," said Scott Kveton, CEO and co-founder, Urban Airship. "The opportunity to drive mobile engagement and build stronger relationships should not be squandered and according to this study, adding push messaging to your app will significantly boost retention and engagement, while a best practices approach will achieve optimal results that turn relationships into loyalty."
The study further found that high push engagement apps also double click through rates. What's more most app users are opting in to push notifications.
Meanwhile, data from onswipe indicates mobile consumers are engaging more with content on their tablets and smartphones. According to researchers mobile users are more apt to share content when using larger (10") tablets through social media than through email. The study also shows that Apple's iPad is pushing more mobile traffic than it's iPhone unit. More than half of mobile traffic (54.5%) comes from iPads while less than 20% comes from iPhones, an indication that mobile consumers aren't surfing via phone. Instead they may be directly navigating to specific sites or using apps to make content consumption simpler.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...