News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Push notifications engaging consumers
For the last couple of years brands have been testing push options in their mobile campaign plans. In many cases brands geo-fence a certain area and when an opt-in consumer enters that area, a message is sent through their mobile device. New data from Urban Airship offers brands five times the engagement of typical mobile ads.
Other interesting findings include:
• Push notifications doubled 4-month app user retention rates
• Apps with high push engagement push 388% more app opens
• Medium and low push engagement apps push 170% to 77% open increases
"Consumers that invite you in to message them on the one device they are never without, should be considered your most valuable customers," said Scott Kveton, CEO and co-founder, Urban Airship. "The opportunity to drive mobile engagement and build stronger relationships should not be squandered and according to this study, adding push messaging to your app will significantly boost retention and engagement, while a best practices approach will achieve optimal results that turn relationships into loyalty."
The study further found that high push engagement apps also double click through rates. What's more most app users are opting in to push notifications.
Meanwhile, data from onswipe indicates mobile consumers are engaging more with content on their tablets and smartphones. According to researchers mobile users are more apt to share content when using larger (10") tablets through social media than through email. The study also shows that Apple's iPad is pushing more mobile traffic than it's iPhone unit. More than half of mobile traffic (54.5%) comes from iPads while less than 20% comes from iPhones, an indication that mobile consumers aren't surfing via phone. Instead they may be directly navigating to specific sites or using apps to make content consumption simpler.
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...