News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Generation gap isn't so big where mobile is concerned
Brands, when looking to the New Year, don't forget mobile. While some brands are creating mobile sites, there is still a lag between website and mobile site for many, but when it comes to consumer habits most adults are choosing mobile over web. That, according to a new report; researchers found most adults are turning to the Internet to find more information on things seen on television.
"For many of the findings, percentages zigzagged between age groups, rather than plotting a consistent bell curve--indicating how factors such as generational differences, disposable income, and the influence of children on their parents impact results," said Mike Solomon, vice president, marketing strategy at The Search Agency. "Married people are often older, have more disposable income and can more easily justify superfluous pieces of technology, such as tablets. At the same time, baby boomers are often more tech-literate than their slightly younger counterparts--likely because their millennial children are pushing them to use new tools and devices."
According to the results:
• More couples are turning to tablets while singles stick with smartphones
• 55% of smartphone users turn to mobile to search - even if the PC is nearby
• 53% of Millennials cyber-shop while at work
• 78% of adults conduct searches (via PC) based on ads, programs or content seen on TV, 66% turn to their tablet
Now, Millennials are most likely to be online or on mobile during the bulk of their day. Here's how things shake out for Millennial mobile users:
• 53% of 18-34 year olds are more likely to purchase during the day than at night
• 52% (18-34 year olds) browse socnets during the day
• 42% of those 55 and old make daytime purchases
• 41% of 35-44 year olds browse social sites during the day, 30% of 45-54 year olds do
The Search Agency and Harris Interactive collaborated on the survey, which was conducted between August 14-16, 2012.
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...