News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Generation gap isn't so big where mobile is concerned
Brands, when looking to the New Year, don't forget mobile. While some brands are creating mobile sites, there is still a lag between website and mobile site for many, but when it comes to consumer habits most adults are choosing mobile over web. That, according to a new report; researchers found most adults are turning to the Internet to find more information on things seen on television.
"For many of the findings, percentages zigzagged between age groups, rather than plotting a consistent bell curve--indicating how factors such as generational differences, disposable income, and the influence of children on their parents impact results," said Mike Solomon, vice president, marketing strategy at The Search Agency. "Married people are often older, have more disposable income and can more easily justify superfluous pieces of technology, such as tablets. At the same time, baby boomers are often more tech-literate than their slightly younger counterparts--likely because their millennial children are pushing them to use new tools and devices."
According to the results:
• More couples are turning to tablets while singles stick with smartphones
• 55% of smartphone users turn to mobile to search - even if the PC is nearby
• 53% of Millennials cyber-shop while at work
• 78% of adults conduct searches (via PC) based on ads, programs or content seen on TV, 66% turn to their tablet
Now, Millennials are most likely to be online or on mobile during the bulk of their day. Here's how things shake out for Millennial mobile users:
• 53% of 18-34 year olds are more likely to purchase during the day than at night
• 52% (18-34 year olds) browse socnets during the day
• 42% of those 55 and old make daytime purchases
• 41% of 35-44 year olds browse social sites during the day, 30% of 45-54 year olds do
The Search Agency and Harris Interactive collaborated on the survey, which was conducted between August 14-16, 2012.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...