News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Generation gap isn't so big where mobile is concerned
Brands, when looking to the New Year, don't forget mobile. While some brands are creating mobile sites, there is still a lag between website and mobile site for many, but when it comes to consumer habits most adults are choosing mobile over web. That, according to a new report; researchers found most adults are turning to the Internet to find more information on things seen on television.
"For many of the findings, percentages zigzagged between age groups, rather than plotting a consistent bell curve--indicating how factors such as generational differences, disposable income, and the influence of children on their parents impact results," said Mike Solomon, vice president, marketing strategy at The Search Agency. "Married people are often older, have more disposable income and can more easily justify superfluous pieces of technology, such as tablets. At the same time, baby boomers are often more tech-literate than their slightly younger counterparts--likely because their millennial children are pushing them to use new tools and devices."
According to the results:
• More couples are turning to tablets while singles stick with smartphones
• 55% of smartphone users turn to mobile to search - even if the PC is nearby
• 53% of Millennials cyber-shop while at work
• 78% of adults conduct searches (via PC) based on ads, programs or content seen on TV, 66% turn to their tablet
Now, Millennials are most likely to be online or on mobile during the bulk of their day. Here's how things shake out for Millennial mobile users:
• 53% of 18-34 year olds are more likely to purchase during the day than at night
• 52% (18-34 year olds) browse socnets during the day
• 42% of those 55 and old make daytime purchases
• 41% of 35-44 year olds browse social sites during the day, 30% of 45-54 year olds do
The Search Agency and Harris Interactive collaborated on the survey, which was conducted between August 14-16, 2012.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...