News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Consumers want 'useful' TV apps, websites
While a many consumers are watching video content through computers and mobile devices, a growing number are looking to connected television sets to go online, and stay connected to their favorite content. However, there are demands on this new space, as highlight but a new study from Frank N. Magid Associates and TVGuide.
The research from Frank N. Magid and TVGuide shows the number one priority for TV-based apps and websites is usefulness (86%). High quality and trustworthy applications are also high on the list while features like 'entertaining' and 'expert' fall farther down on the wants list. As do features like 'established brand'. Users do want these kinds of apps to evolve with the space and be innovative, however.
Interestingly enough, being able to connect with other people through a television set wasn't as important. Less than half of respondents said they wanted to connect with other people through a TV-based app or website.
Meanwhile, a new report out from eMarketer underlines the importance of social features for video on the web and viewed through tablet devices. Q1 2011 saw just over 773 million socially shared video views but that number grew to more than 1.3 billion socially shared video views in Q1 2012.
Most socially-enabled videos are anchored through YouTube (150 million unique video viewers), but some come through Facebook (48 million unique video viewers). And, while most are anchored at YouTube, they're being shared through Facebook. The report shows just over 72% of videos are shared through the social network. Under 10% were shared through email, Twitter and URLs (each).
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...