News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Consumers want 'useful' TV apps, websites
While a many consumers are watching video content through computers and mobile devices, a growing number are looking to connected television sets to go online, and stay connected to their favorite content. However, there are demands on this new space, as highlight but a new study from Frank N. Magid Associates and TVGuide.
The research from Frank N. Magid and TVGuide shows the number one priority for TV-based apps and websites is usefulness (86%). High quality and trustworthy applications are also high on the list while features like 'entertaining' and 'expert' fall farther down on the wants list. As do features like 'established brand'. Users do want these kinds of apps to evolve with the space and be innovative, however.
Interestingly enough, being able to connect with other people through a television set wasn't as important. Less than half of respondents said they wanted to connect with other people through a TV-based app or website.
Meanwhile, a new report out from eMarketer underlines the importance of social features for video on the web and viewed through tablet devices. Q1 2011 saw just over 773 million socially shared video views but that number grew to more than 1.3 billion socially shared video views in Q1 2012.
Most socially-enabled videos are anchored through YouTube (150 million unique video viewers), but some come through Facebook (48 million unique video viewers). And, while most are anchored at YouTube, they're being shared through Facebook. The report shows just over 72% of videos are shared through the social network. Under 10% were shared through email, Twitter and URLs (each).
- Videos best for Facebook reach, but don't ditch the photos
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...