News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Consumers want 'useful' TV apps, websites
While a many consumers are watching video content through computers and mobile devices, a growing number are looking to connected television sets to go online, and stay connected to their favorite content. However, there are demands on this new space, as highlight but a new study from Frank N. Magid Associates and TVGuide.
The research from Frank N. Magid and TVGuide shows the number one priority for TV-based apps and websites is usefulness (86%). High quality and trustworthy applications are also high on the list while features like 'entertaining' and 'expert' fall farther down on the wants list. As do features like 'established brand'. Users do want these kinds of apps to evolve with the space and be innovative, however.
Interestingly enough, being able to connect with other people through a television set wasn't as important. Less than half of respondents said they wanted to connect with other people through a TV-based app or website.
Meanwhile, a new report out from eMarketer underlines the importance of social features for video on the web and viewed through tablet devices. Q1 2011 saw just over 773 million socially shared video views but that number grew to more than 1.3 billion socially shared video views in Q1 2012.
Most socially-enabled videos are anchored through YouTube (150 million unique video viewers), but some come through Facebook (48 million unique video viewers). And, while most are anchored at YouTube, they're being shared through Facebook. The report shows just over 72% of videos are shared through the social network. Under 10% were shared through email, Twitter and URLs (each).
- Ad Roundup: Email and experience tools
- RichRelevance: Site Search key for shoppers
- How loyalty data can improve the shopper experience
- UK consumers will have 12 billion click-to-call conversations this year
- Consumers to brands: Don't call me maybe
- Brands risk reputation when delivery speeds do not match purchaser expectations
- Ad experience improves but ad blocking still rising
- Research reveals power of user-generated images in reviews
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...