News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Consumers want 'useful' TV apps, websites
While a many consumers are watching video content through computers and mobile devices, a growing number are looking to connected television sets to go online, and stay connected to their favorite content. However, there are demands on this new space, as highlight but a new study from Frank N. Magid Associates and TVGuide.
The research from Frank N. Magid and TVGuide shows the number one priority for TV-based apps and websites is usefulness (86%). High quality and trustworthy applications are also high on the list while features like 'entertaining' and 'expert' fall farther down on the wants list. As do features like 'established brand'. Users do want these kinds of apps to evolve with the space and be innovative, however.
Interestingly enough, being able to connect with other people through a television set wasn't as important. Less than half of respondents said they wanted to connect with other people through a TV-based app or website.
Meanwhile, a new report out from eMarketer underlines the importance of social features for video on the web and viewed through tablet devices. Q1 2011 saw just over 773 million socially shared video views but that number grew to more than 1.3 billion socially shared video views in Q1 2012.
Most socially-enabled videos are anchored through YouTube (150 million unique video viewers), but some come through Facebook (48 million unique video viewers). And, while most are anchored at YouTube, they're being shared through Facebook. The report shows just over 72% of videos are shared through the social network. Under 10% were shared through email, Twitter and URLs (each).
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...