News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Smartphone users to spend 72% more this season than non-users
There has been much research done about consumers' changing shopping habits, and the role mobile devices play. For retailers that haven't yet got their mobile marketing strategy up and running, perhaps this latest research from Deloitte will open some eyes.
In its "2012 Holiday Survey", Deloitte found that smartphone users will be putting their devices to good use this holiday season and will spend more than non-smartphone users.
Almost 7 out of 10 (68%) smartphone users will use their device as a shopping guide and purchase platform, found Deloitte, and they'll spend a whopping 72% more than non-smartphone users, spending $1,428 across a multitude of categories.
Deloitte predicts that in-store sales influenced by smartphone use will reach $36 billion, or 5.1% of total holiday store sales. It's therefore important that retailers focus not just on direct sales, but on using mobile to drive sales across various channels.
"The store continues to be central to holiday shopping, but its role and that of the store associate is evolving as the physical and virtual shopping experiences merge," said Alison Paul, vice chairman, Deloitte, and retail and distribution sector leader.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...