News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Smartphone users to spend 72% more this season than non-users
There has been much research done about consumers' changing shopping habits, and the role mobile devices play. For retailers that haven't yet got their mobile marketing strategy up and running, perhaps this latest research from Deloitte will open some eyes.
In its "2012 Holiday Survey", Deloitte found that smartphone users will be putting their devices to good use this holiday season and will spend more than non-smartphone users.
Almost 7 out of 10 (68%) smartphone users will use their device as a shopping guide and purchase platform, found Deloitte, and they'll spend a whopping 72% more than non-smartphone users, spending $1,428 across a multitude of categories.
Deloitte predicts that in-store sales influenced by smartphone use will reach $36 billion, or 5.1% of total holiday store sales. It's therefore important that retailers focus not just on direct sales, but on using mobile to drive sales across various channels.
"The store continues to be central to holiday shopping, but its role and that of the store associate is evolving as the physical and virtual shopping experiences merge," said Alison Paul, vice chairman, Deloitte, and retail and distribution sector leader.
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...