News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shoppers shun stores for online to get better customer service
Consumers pick ecommerce over bricks-and-mortar stores because, reveals the ClickFox 2012 Holiday Customer Service Audit, they feel they get better customer service online.
There are many reasons for avoiding the stores during the holiday season. Crowds, lack of parking, queues, out-of-stock items and, perhaps, the weather. But there's a new reason rearing its head - customer service.
According to the survey of 213 consumers, conducted by customer analytics firm ClickFox in October this year, 62% plan to shop online this holiday season. The reason given by 78% of those planning to shop online was that online stores provided far better customer service.
Retailers that fail to provide exceptional in-store customer service risk losing customers to their online competitors, and this is particularly true during the busy holiday season when many temporary personnel are employed.
"As we've seen with analysis of more than 12 billion customer touch points annually, when retailers fail to resolve customer service inquiries at the first point of service, companies can expect increased service overhead and decreased customer loyalty as consumers are forced to utilize multiple service channels to resolve their issues," said Marco Pacelli, CEO, ClickFox.
ClickFox VP, Jeff Gossman, says stores must improve their use of technology to allow in-store staff to enhance their customer service performance. "It's crucial during the holidays, when people's lists are long and their time is limited, to be able to quickly lead them to the right aisle or to the location across town that has the item they need," he said.
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- How-to Guide to Online Customer Community Technologies
This Gleansight benchmark report explores what community experiences offer the greatest value to businesses. It looks at what technologies, processes...
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...