News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Mobile video pushing higher engagement
When it comes to online and mobile video, long form content is quickly gaining ground. While short, user generated clips on sites like YouTube continue to make up the bulk of content viewed, new data shows long-form (streaming movies, TV and original) content is pushing higher completion rates.
Data from FreeWheel indicates Apple's iOS is engaging more video viewers than Android platforms. Researchers found (Q3 2012) Apple's devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) make up about 60% of non PC/Mac video views. This, even though Apple lost some market share (tablet) to Android devices in the quarter. Other interesting findings:
• Video views are up 17% YoY
• Video ad views are up 49% YoY
• Video clips over 20 minutes average 7 ads per
• Long-form content has a 93% completion rate
"Now, more than ever, brands need to invest in mobile video advertising as part of their overall marketing strategy," said Will Kassoy, CEO of AdColony. "This first of its kind mobile video study validates what the advertising community has been talking about anecdotally for long time -- mobile video delivers strong ROI as a complement to TV and online and should be leveraged as a crucial component of the marketing mix."
AdColony and Nielsen have released a mobile video study, showing higher rates of ad recall for mobile video. According to the results:
• Mobile video shows general ad recall 2.7 times higher than online and 1.6 times higher than TV
• Mobile video shows brand recall 4.8 times higher than online, 5.8 times higher than TV
• Mobile video shows message recall 5.6 times higher than online, 7.5 times higher than TV
Researchers studied how the same 15 second ads fared across screens to come to their results.
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...