News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Mobile video pushing higher engagement
When it comes to online and mobile video, long form content is quickly gaining ground. While short, user generated clips on sites like YouTube continue to make up the bulk of content viewed, new data shows long-form (streaming movies, TV and original) content is pushing higher completion rates.
Data from FreeWheel indicates Apple's iOS is engaging more video viewers than Android platforms. Researchers found (Q3 2012) Apple's devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) make up about 60% of non PC/Mac video views. This, even though Apple lost some market share (tablet) to Android devices in the quarter. Other interesting findings:
• Video views are up 17% YoY
• Video ad views are up 49% YoY
• Video clips over 20 minutes average 7 ads per
• Long-form content has a 93% completion rate
"Now, more than ever, brands need to invest in mobile video advertising as part of their overall marketing strategy," said Will Kassoy, CEO of AdColony. "This first of its kind mobile video study validates what the advertising community has been talking about anecdotally for long time -- mobile video delivers strong ROI as a complement to TV and online and should be leveraged as a crucial component of the marketing mix."
AdColony and Nielsen have released a mobile video study, showing higher rates of ad recall for mobile video. According to the results:
• Mobile video shows general ad recall 2.7 times higher than online and 1.6 times higher than TV
• Mobile video shows brand recall 4.8 times higher than online, 5.8 times higher than TV
• Mobile video shows message recall 5.6 times higher than online, 7.5 times higher than TV
Researchers studied how the same 15 second ads fared across screens to come to their results.
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...