News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Mobile video pushing higher engagement
When it comes to online and mobile video, long form content is quickly gaining ground. While short, user generated clips on sites like YouTube continue to make up the bulk of content viewed, new data shows long-form (streaming movies, TV and original) content is pushing higher completion rates.
Data from FreeWheel indicates Apple's iOS is engaging more video viewers than Android platforms. Researchers found (Q3 2012) Apple's devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) make up about 60% of non PC/Mac video views. This, even though Apple lost some market share (tablet) to Android devices in the quarter. Other interesting findings:
• Video views are up 17% YoY
• Video ad views are up 49% YoY
• Video clips over 20 minutes average 7 ads per
• Long-form content has a 93% completion rate
"Now, more than ever, brands need to invest in mobile video advertising as part of their overall marketing strategy," said Will Kassoy, CEO of AdColony. "This first of its kind mobile video study validates what the advertising community has been talking about anecdotally for long time -- mobile video delivers strong ROI as a complement to TV and online and should be leveraged as a crucial component of the marketing mix."
AdColony and Nielsen have released a mobile video study, showing higher rates of ad recall for mobile video. According to the results:
• Mobile video shows general ad recall 2.7 times higher than online and 1.6 times higher than TV
• Mobile video shows brand recall 4.8 times higher than online, 5.8 times higher than TV
• Mobile video shows message recall 5.6 times higher than online, 7.5 times higher than TV
Researchers studied how the same 15 second ads fared across screens to come to their results.
- Snapchat beats Facebook for daily video views
- Global study reveals 'authenticity deficit' among brands
- Report: Video is video regardless of screen
- Study: US mobile app experience low
- Top 4 tips to succeed at Mother's Day email
- Ad Roundup: New solutions for personalization, collaboration
- How brands can better manage social
- How data impacts marketing automation
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...