News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: How email is pushing engagement
There is very little new about the email space, and that is what many consumers like about it. They know they'll get offers from brands from opt-in lists, they know they'll get spammed occasionally. They know they'll spend too much work and home time checking in with friends or co-workers. Here's how the love-hate relationship breaks down.
With 14 million conversations just about email in the social space, the grandfather of online marketing options continues to get steady buzz around the globe. Most of the conversations come from the UK (38%) or US (28%).
Here's what consumers don't like according to NetBase:
• Legitimate messages marked as spam - 60%
• Messages that bounce back or get lost in the ether - 20%
• Viruses - 10%
And what they do like:
• The branded information received - 55%
• The speed messages are received at - 15%
• The ability to stay in touch - 10%
"The majority of consumers today seek advice from their friends and peers for product insights and deals, before making purchase decisions," said Vijay Pullur, CEO of SocialTwist. "In this world of information overload, marketing messages must be targeted and relevant to be effective. SocialTwist makes them personal and credible so consumers get product and deal information from people they know."
Let's focus on the receipt of branded information - savvy emailers are including social sharing tools so that coupons, deals and information can be easily shared through Twitter and Facebook. Kimberley Clark recently tapped Social Twist to power a Huggies campaign, encouraging moms to share about the brand through their social networks.
"Our program with SocialTwist focused on the target audience for the Huggies brand - moms," said Dan Kersten, Shopper Marketing, Kimberly-Clark. "We connected spectacularly with moms! Every metric, from referral open and click-through rates, to coupon print and redemption rates, was higher than anything we have seen in our other digital marketing programs. Now we're looking for ways to bring SocialTwist to the extended Kimberly-Clark brand portfolio."
The campaign showed a 56% click through rate and a 55% email open rate; it increased the brand's reach by 700%.
- Study: CNP fraud to push $7b within 4 years
- Survey: Disconnect between brands, consumers about UGC
- 69% of consumers excited about experiencing virtual reality
- Consumers have already started back-to-school shopping
- How Facebook topic data is impacting social
- Advertising Roundup: Analytics and mobile engagement
- How reviews from gift-givers can help brands
- iPhone replaces iPad as ecommerce device of choice
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...