News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: How email is pushing engagement
There is very little new about the email space, and that is what many consumers like about it. They know they'll get offers from brands from opt-in lists, they know they'll get spammed occasionally. They know they'll spend too much work and home time checking in with friends or co-workers. Here's how the love-hate relationship breaks down.
With 14 million conversations just about email in the social space, the grandfather of online marketing options continues to get steady buzz around the globe. Most of the conversations come from the UK (38%) or US (28%).
Here's what consumers don't like according to NetBase:
• Legitimate messages marked as spam - 60%
• Messages that bounce back or get lost in the ether - 20%
• Viruses - 10%
And what they do like:
• The branded information received - 55%
• The speed messages are received at - 15%
• The ability to stay in touch - 10%
"The majority of consumers today seek advice from their friends and peers for product insights and deals, before making purchase decisions," said Vijay Pullur, CEO of SocialTwist. "In this world of information overload, marketing messages must be targeted and relevant to be effective. SocialTwist makes them personal and credible so consumers get product and deal information from people they know."
Let's focus on the receipt of branded information - savvy emailers are including social sharing tools so that coupons, deals and information can be easily shared through Twitter and Facebook. Kimberley Clark recently tapped Social Twist to power a Huggies campaign, encouraging moms to share about the brand through their social networks.
"Our program with SocialTwist focused on the target audience for the Huggies brand - moms," said Dan Kersten, Shopper Marketing, Kimberly-Clark. "We connected spectacularly with moms! Every metric, from referral open and click-through rates, to coupon print and redemption rates, was higher than anything we have seen in our other digital marketing programs. Now we're looking for ways to bring SocialTwist to the extended Kimberly-Clark brand portfolio."
The campaign showed a 56% click through rate and a 55% email open rate; it increased the brand's reach by 700%.
- Nielsen research reveals countries least likely to embrace mobile-only banking
- Mobile use in restaurants - tolerable or taboo?
- Study: Shoppers want email contact
- New eBay ad targeting tool knows what mood a shopper is in
- Ad Roundup: Data key to new launches
- Top 3 tips to improve travel marketing strategy
- Millennials embrace marketing emails via mobile
- Video posts overtake photo posts by brands on Facebook
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....