News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report reveals drop in iPhone loyalty in US and UK
Could loyalty to Apple among iPhone users be waning? According to a new report from Strategy Analytics the number of iPhone owners who will go on to purchase their next phone from Apple had fallen.
Last year, 93% of iPhone owners in the US said the next phone they buy would be from the same maker - Apple. That figure has dropped this year to 88%, which is still a decent retention rate but a drop nonetheless.
The same scenario is being played out in Western Europe. There, 75% of iPhone owners said they will, or probably will, go on to purchase another iPhone, down from 88% in 2011.
According to the report, the drop in loyalty began recently with the launch of the iPhone 5, most probably due to its lack of innovation and the infamous Google Maps situation.
"There is no doubt that Apple is continuing its success in retaining existing user base while attracting new customers," said Paul Brown, a director at Strategy Analytics, in a statement. "However, negative press prompted by a perceived lack of recent innovation by Apple has meant we are starting to see some growth in the number of previously highly loyal consumers who are now reconsidering whether or not they will purchase a new iPhone for their next device."
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...