News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report reveals drop in iPhone loyalty in US and UK
Could loyalty to Apple among iPhone users be waning? According to a new report from Strategy Analytics the number of iPhone owners who will go on to purchase their next phone from Apple had fallen.
Last year, 93% of iPhone owners in the US said the next phone they buy would be from the same maker - Apple. That figure has dropped this year to 88%, which is still a decent retention rate but a drop nonetheless.
The same scenario is being played out in Western Europe. There, 75% of iPhone owners said they will, or probably will, go on to purchase another iPhone, down from 88% in 2011.
According to the report, the drop in loyalty began recently with the launch of the iPhone 5, most probably due to its lack of innovation and the infamous Google Maps situation.
"There is no doubt that Apple is continuing its success in retaining existing user base while attracting new customers," said Paul Brown, a director at Strategy Analytics, in a statement. "However, negative press prompted by a perceived lack of recent innovation by Apple has meant we are starting to see some growth in the number of previously highly loyal consumers who are now reconsidering whether or not they will purchase a new iPhone for their next device."
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...