News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report reveals drop in iPhone loyalty in US and UK
Could loyalty to Apple among iPhone users be waning? According to a new report from Strategy Analytics the number of iPhone owners who will go on to purchase their next phone from Apple had fallen.
Last year, 93% of iPhone owners in the US said the next phone they buy would be from the same maker - Apple. That figure has dropped this year to 88%, which is still a decent retention rate but a drop nonetheless.
The same scenario is being played out in Western Europe. There, 75% of iPhone owners said they will, or probably will, go on to purchase another iPhone, down from 88% in 2011.
According to the report, the drop in loyalty began recently with the launch of the iPhone 5, most probably due to its lack of innovation and the infamous Google Maps situation.
"There is no doubt that Apple is continuing its success in retaining existing user base while attracting new customers," said Paul Brown, a director at Strategy Analytics, in a statement. "However, negative press prompted by a perceived lack of recent innovation by Apple has meant we are starting to see some growth in the number of previously highly loyal consumers who are now reconsidering whether or not they will purchase a new iPhone for their next device."
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...