News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report reveals drop in iPhone loyalty in US and UK
Could loyalty to Apple among iPhone users be waning? According to a new report from Strategy Analytics the number of iPhone owners who will go on to purchase their next phone from Apple had fallen.
Last year, 93% of iPhone owners in the US said the next phone they buy would be from the same maker - Apple. That figure has dropped this year to 88%, which is still a decent retention rate but a drop nonetheless.
The same scenario is being played out in Western Europe. There, 75% of iPhone owners said they will, or probably will, go on to purchase another iPhone, down from 88% in 2011.
According to the report, the drop in loyalty began recently with the launch of the iPhone 5, most probably due to its lack of innovation and the infamous Google Maps situation.
"There is no doubt that Apple is continuing its success in retaining existing user base while attracting new customers," said Paul Brown, a director at Strategy Analytics, in a statement. "However, negative press prompted by a perceived lack of recent innovation by Apple has meant we are starting to see some growth in the number of previously highly loyal consumers who are now reconsidering whether or not they will purchase a new iPhone for their next device."
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...