News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report reveals drop in iPhone loyalty in US and UK
Could loyalty to Apple among iPhone users be waning? According to a new report from Strategy Analytics the number of iPhone owners who will go on to purchase their next phone from Apple had fallen.
Last year, 93% of iPhone owners in the US said the next phone they buy would be from the same maker - Apple. That figure has dropped this year to 88%, which is still a decent retention rate but a drop nonetheless.
The same scenario is being played out in Western Europe. There, 75% of iPhone owners said they will, or probably will, go on to purchase another iPhone, down from 88% in 2011.
According to the report, the drop in loyalty began recently with the launch of the iPhone 5, most probably due to its lack of innovation and the infamous Google Maps situation.
"There is no doubt that Apple is continuing its success in retaining existing user base while attracting new customers," said Paul Brown, a director at Strategy Analytics, in a statement. "However, negative press prompted by a perceived lack of recent innovation by Apple has meant we are starting to see some growth in the number of previously highly loyal consumers who are now reconsidering whether or not they will purchase a new iPhone for their next device."
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...