News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Republicans spend more online, Democrats most likely to surf via Mac
The 2012 Presidential Election is counted and President Barack Obama has won what he says is high last race. But the election didn't only highlight the political differences in the US; new data from Monetate shows how those differences shape the shopping behaviors of certain states.
The infographic shows Red (Republican) states spend about $92.22 online but Blue (Democratic) states spend $91.62 online; while that isn't a huge difference other insights are. The report also shows Democratic states are seeing more Mac (Apple) traffic (21.63%) while Republican states are seeing more PC traffic (66%).
This type of data can be useful in the upcoming holiday season, where more shoppers are expected to shop and buy online. And those who don't purchase online are likely to research online, making it important for brands to have product information easily searchable in online venues.
Monetate offers these tips for brands to increase sales through the 2012 holidays.
First, know what worked - and didn't - in 2011 and build on those successes. Look to trends in search keywords to learn how consumers are finding your website or product pages and from there look to on-site search to determine what they do once they've landed.
Second, offer simple, quick navigation. Make it easy for shoppers to find seasonal merchandise or those ever-popular holiday coupon codes. Include a holiday countdown or calendar so they know when a gift is likely to arrive - and if there is still time to ship or if they should look locally.
Finally, keep the message consistent. If you use certain creative element in an email blast, utilize those images or messaging on the website.
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....