News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Republicans spend more online, Democrats most likely to surf via Mac
The 2012 Presidential Election is counted and President Barack Obama has won what he says is high last race. But the election didn't only highlight the political differences in the US; new data from Monetate shows how those differences shape the shopping behaviors of certain states.
The infographic shows Red (Republican) states spend about $92.22 online but Blue (Democratic) states spend $91.62 online; while that isn't a huge difference other insights are. The report also shows Democratic states are seeing more Mac (Apple) traffic (21.63%) while Republican states are seeing more PC traffic (66%).
This type of data can be useful in the upcoming holiday season, where more shoppers are expected to shop and buy online. And those who don't purchase online are likely to research online, making it important for brands to have product information easily searchable in online venues.
Monetate offers these tips for brands to increase sales through the 2012 holidays.
First, know what worked - and didn't - in 2011 and build on those successes. Look to trends in search keywords to learn how consumers are finding your website or product pages and from there look to on-site search to determine what they do once they've landed.
Second, offer simple, quick navigation. Make it easy for shoppers to find seasonal merchandise or those ever-popular holiday coupon codes. Include a holiday countdown or calendar so they know when a gift is likely to arrive - and if there is still time to ship or if they should look locally.
Finally, keep the message consistent. If you use certain creative element in an email blast, utilize those images or messaging on the website.
- Ad Roundup: Partner program and SMB security
- IAB report shows increasing commitment to digital video advertising
- Financial services industry reward programs falling short of consumer expectations
- Mixing work with personal life causes guilt among Generation Mobile
- Surveys point to what Mom wants
- Study: Facebook key for ecommerce
- Ad Roundup: More formats, reporting available to brands
- What drives reward program spending
Featured White Papers
- 9 Ways You Can Build Effective Mobile Email Marketing Campaigns
The latest research shows that two-thirds of email opens now occur on mobile devices, but many email marketers are still...
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...