News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Republicans spend more online, Democrats most likely to surf via Mac
The 2012 Presidential Election is counted and President Barack Obama has won what he says is high last race. But the election didn't only highlight the political differences in the US; new data from Monetate shows how those differences shape the shopping behaviors of certain states.
The infographic shows Red (Republican) states spend about $92.22 online but Blue (Democratic) states spend $91.62 online; while that isn't a huge difference other insights are. The report also shows Democratic states are seeing more Mac (Apple) traffic (21.63%) while Republican states are seeing more PC traffic (66%).
This type of data can be useful in the upcoming holiday season, where more shoppers are expected to shop and buy online. And those who don't purchase online are likely to research online, making it important for brands to have product information easily searchable in online venues.
Monetate offers these tips for brands to increase sales through the 2012 holidays.
First, know what worked - and didn't - in 2011 and build on those successes. Look to trends in search keywords to learn how consumers are finding your website or product pages and from there look to on-site search to determine what they do once they've landed.
Second, offer simple, quick navigation. Make it easy for shoppers to find seasonal merchandise or those ever-popular holiday coupon codes. Include a holiday countdown or calendar so they know when a gift is likely to arrive - and if there is still time to ship or if they should look locally.
Finally, keep the message consistent. If you use certain creative element in an email blast, utilize those images or messaging on the website.
- Videos best for Facebook reach, but don't ditch the photos
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
Featured White Papers
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...