News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Republicans spend more online, Democrats most likely to surf via Mac
The 2012 Presidential Election is counted and President Barack Obama has won what he says is high last race. But the election didn't only highlight the political differences in the US; new data from Monetate shows how those differences shape the shopping behaviors of certain states.
The infographic shows Red (Republican) states spend about $92.22 online but Blue (Democratic) states spend $91.62 online; while that isn't a huge difference other insights are. The report also shows Democratic states are seeing more Mac (Apple) traffic (21.63%) while Republican states are seeing more PC traffic (66%).
This type of data can be useful in the upcoming holiday season, where more shoppers are expected to shop and buy online. And those who don't purchase online are likely to research online, making it important for brands to have product information easily searchable in online venues.
Monetate offers these tips for brands to increase sales through the 2012 holidays.
First, know what worked - and didn't - in 2011 and build on those successes. Look to trends in search keywords to learn how consumers are finding your website or product pages and from there look to on-site search to determine what they do once they've landed.
Second, offer simple, quick navigation. Make it easy for shoppers to find seasonal merchandise or those ever-popular holiday coupon codes. Include a holiday countdown or calendar so they know when a gift is likely to arrive - and if there is still time to ship or if they should look locally.
Finally, keep the message consistent. If you use certain creative element in an email blast, utilize those images or messaging on the website.
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
- Shoppers want more in-store tech
- Resolving customer issues quickly leads to greater brand loyalty
- Top 3 benefits for ecommerce success
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...