News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Republicans spend more online, Democrats most likely to surf via Mac
The 2012 Presidential Election is counted and President Barack Obama has won what he says is high last race. But the election didn't only highlight the political differences in the US; new data from Monetate shows how those differences shape the shopping behaviors of certain states.
The infographic shows Red (Republican) states spend about $92.22 online but Blue (Democratic) states spend $91.62 online; while that isn't a huge difference other insights are. The report also shows Democratic states are seeing more Mac (Apple) traffic (21.63%) while Republican states are seeing more PC traffic (66%).
This type of data can be useful in the upcoming holiday season, where more shoppers are expected to shop and buy online. And those who don't purchase online are likely to research online, making it important for brands to have product information easily searchable in online venues.
Monetate offers these tips for brands to increase sales through the 2012 holidays.
First, know what worked - and didn't - in 2011 and build on those successes. Look to trends in search keywords to learn how consumers are finding your website or product pages and from there look to on-site search to determine what they do once they've landed.
Second, offer simple, quick navigation. Make it easy for shoppers to find seasonal merchandise or those ever-popular holiday coupon codes. Include a holiday countdown or calendar so they know when a gift is likely to arrive - and if there is still time to ship or if they should look locally.
Finally, keep the message consistent. If you use certain creative element in an email blast, utilize those images or messaging on the website.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...