News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Native Ads gaining steam
As more consumers add online video to their viewing palate, brands are looking for ways to engage without interrupting. According to new data from ShareThrough and Forbes Insights, native advertising - or using quality, compelling content rather than interruptive ads - is one way brands are trying to make the change.
In fact, one-third of CMOs say they'll look to native ads to improve their options in the coming year.
"'Native advertising' allow brands to promote their content into the endemic experience of a site in a visually integrated, choice-based (non-interruptive) way. Many of the largest online platforms have been first on board to adopt native advertising (including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, StumbleUpon and WordPress)," was written in the report.
According to the report 61% of marketing professionals surveyed prefer the look and feel of native video versus standard ads while 60% believe native content embedded within a site is a better option than in-ad banners. This type of video content gives consumers the choice to watch, or not, making them invested in the content and more engaged.
Meanwhile, data from Casale Media shows how RTB is changing the non-video ad space. According to their data, in Q1 and Q2 2012 about half of national brands (US) are now using RTB (real time bidding) to control ad spending. Of those using RTB 80% of all sectors increased their impressions because of RTB. And, while 99% of RTB impressions are standard banners, rich media formats grew by 53%.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...