News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Native Ads gaining steam
As more consumers add online video to their viewing palate, brands are looking for ways to engage without interrupting. According to new data from ShareThrough and Forbes Insights, native advertising - or using quality, compelling content rather than interruptive ads - is one way brands are trying to make the change.
In fact, one-third of CMOs say they'll look to native ads to improve their options in the coming year.
"'Native advertising' allow brands to promote their content into the endemic experience of a site in a visually integrated, choice-based (non-interruptive) way. Many of the largest online platforms have been first on board to adopt native advertising (including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, StumbleUpon and WordPress)," was written in the report.
According to the report 61% of marketing professionals surveyed prefer the look and feel of native video versus standard ads while 60% believe native content embedded within a site is a better option than in-ad banners. This type of video content gives consumers the choice to watch, or not, making them invested in the content and more engaged.
Meanwhile, data from Casale Media shows how RTB is changing the non-video ad space. According to their data, in Q1 and Q2 2012 about half of national brands (US) are now using RTB (real time bidding) to control ad spending. Of those using RTB 80% of all sectors increased their impressions because of RTB. And, while 99% of RTB impressions are standard banners, rich media formats grew by 53%.
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....