News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Native Ads gaining steam
As more consumers add online video to their viewing palate, brands are looking for ways to engage without interrupting. According to new data from ShareThrough and Forbes Insights, native advertising - or using quality, compelling content rather than interruptive ads - is one way brands are trying to make the change.
In fact, one-third of CMOs say they'll look to native ads to improve their options in the coming year.
"'Native advertising' allow brands to promote their content into the endemic experience of a site in a visually integrated, choice-based (non-interruptive) way. Many of the largest online platforms have been first on board to adopt native advertising (including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, StumbleUpon and WordPress)," was written in the report.
According to the report 61% of marketing professionals surveyed prefer the look and feel of native video versus standard ads while 60% believe native content embedded within a site is a better option than in-ad banners. This type of video content gives consumers the choice to watch, or not, making them invested in the content and more engaged.
Meanwhile, data from Casale Media shows how RTB is changing the non-video ad space. According to their data, in Q1 and Q2 2012 about half of national brands (US) are now using RTB (real time bidding) to control ad spending. Of those using RTB 80% of all sectors increased their impressions because of RTB. And, while 99% of RTB impressions are standard banners, rich media formats grew by 53%.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...