News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Native Ads gaining steam
As more consumers add online video to their viewing palate, brands are looking for ways to engage without interrupting. According to new data from ShareThrough and Forbes Insights, native advertising - or using quality, compelling content rather than interruptive ads - is one way brands are trying to make the change.
In fact, one-third of CMOs say they'll look to native ads to improve their options in the coming year.
"'Native advertising' allow brands to promote their content into the endemic experience of a site in a visually integrated, choice-based (non-interruptive) way. Many of the largest online platforms have been first on board to adopt native advertising (including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, StumbleUpon and WordPress)," was written in the report.
According to the report 61% of marketing professionals surveyed prefer the look and feel of native video versus standard ads while 60% believe native content embedded within a site is a better option than in-ad banners. This type of video content gives consumers the choice to watch, or not, making them invested in the content and more engaged.
Meanwhile, data from Casale Media shows how RTB is changing the non-video ad space. According to their data, in Q1 and Q2 2012 about half of national brands (US) are now using RTB (real time bidding) to control ad spending. Of those using RTB 80% of all sectors increased their impressions because of RTB. And, while 99% of RTB impressions are standard banners, rich media formats grew by 53%.
- Study IDs how retailers can compete with Amazon
- Expert: How to determine if calls are leads or not
- Expert: Travel brands need responsive design
- Poor advertising among travel brands hinders data collection
- Unplug for your health and mental well-being, urges parenting website
- Questionable activity on social media turns consumers away from brands
- Study: Still a disconnect between data, growth
- Expert: How SMBs can be more productive
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...