News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Native Ads gaining steam
As more consumers add online video to their viewing palate, brands are looking for ways to engage without interrupting. According to new data from ShareThrough and Forbes Insights, native advertising - or using quality, compelling content rather than interruptive ads - is one way brands are trying to make the change.
In fact, one-third of CMOs say they'll look to native ads to improve their options in the coming year.
"'Native advertising' allow brands to promote their content into the endemic experience of a site in a visually integrated, choice-based (non-interruptive) way. Many of the largest online platforms have been first on board to adopt native advertising (including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, StumbleUpon and WordPress)," was written in the report.
According to the report 61% of marketing professionals surveyed prefer the look and feel of native video versus standard ads while 60% believe native content embedded within a site is a better option than in-ad banners. This type of video content gives consumers the choice to watch, or not, making them invested in the content and more engaged.
Meanwhile, data from Casale Media shows how RTB is changing the non-video ad space. According to their data, in Q1 and Q2 2012 about half of national brands (US) are now using RTB (real time bidding) to control ad spending. Of those using RTB 80% of all sectors increased their impressions because of RTB. And, while 99% of RTB impressions are standard banners, rich media formats grew by 53%.
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...