News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Local, small businesses benefiting from mobile
Over the past couple of years several studies have shown a link between mobile consumers and traffic to stores or restaurants. The latest Mobile SMART report from Millennial Media underscores how retail and restaurant brands are pushing farther into the mobile sphere, hoping to engage in-market consumers.
The Millennial Media November SMART report shows a link between mobile and restaurants/retail vertical. That vertical was the third largest on the Millennial platform for the first six months of 2012, with spending growing about 11% per month. Most (44%) of retail/restaurant campaigns included a Store Locator as part of the message. Other interesting findings include:
• 36% of campaigns (Restaurant & Retail) included mCommerce as a post-click action
• 60% used some form of location based targeting
• 30% of campaigns dealt with clothing retailers
Telecom and Finance were the top two verticals on Millennial's network.
The increased engagement from mobile consumers is one reason more small businesses are pushing into the space. New data out from Constant Contact suggests 81% of SMBs will increasingly use mobile to engage during events in the New Year.
"Mobile tools will no doubt assume a much bigger role in event planning for small businesses and nonprofits but considerable training needs to occur before we'll see widespread adoption," said Chris Litster, vice president and general manager of EventSpot from Constant Contact. "Mobile technology offers the distinct advantages of reach, convenience, and affordability but until small businesses have the proper training, many won't be able to leverage mobile tools to maximum advantage."
Those who move into mobile say they'll offer mobile registrations and payments (49%), send date notifications (23%) and provide event schedules (25%).
- High viewability goals damaging ad campaign performance
- Retail: In-app purchases increasing as a percentage of digital sales
- Two countries, two different spending trends for Valentine's Day
- Ad Roundup: Platforms to improve data, prevent fraud
- Survey: SMBs getting out the vote
- Research reveals number of mobile loyalty schemes to double by 2020
- Laptops more popular than mobile for travel research
- Super Bowl: 82% of searches driven by TV ads made on mobile
Featured White Papers
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...