News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Local, small businesses benefiting from mobile
Over the past couple of years several studies have shown a link between mobile consumers and traffic to stores or restaurants. The latest Mobile SMART report from Millennial Media underscores how retail and restaurant brands are pushing farther into the mobile sphere, hoping to engage in-market consumers.
The Millennial Media November SMART report shows a link between mobile and restaurants/retail vertical. That vertical was the third largest on the Millennial platform for the first six months of 2012, with spending growing about 11% per month. Most (44%) of retail/restaurant campaigns included a Store Locator as part of the message. Other interesting findings include:
• 36% of campaigns (Restaurant & Retail) included mCommerce as a post-click action
• 60% used some form of location based targeting
• 30% of campaigns dealt with clothing retailers
Telecom and Finance were the top two verticals on Millennial's network.
The increased engagement from mobile consumers is one reason more small businesses are pushing into the space. New data out from Constant Contact suggests 81% of SMBs will increasingly use mobile to engage during events in the New Year.
"Mobile tools will no doubt assume a much bigger role in event planning for small businesses and nonprofits but considerable training needs to occur before we'll see widespread adoption," said Chris Litster, vice president and general manager of EventSpot from Constant Contact. "Mobile technology offers the distinct advantages of reach, convenience, and affordability but until small businesses have the proper training, many won't be able to leverage mobile tools to maximum advantage."
Those who move into mobile say they'll offer mobile registrations and payments (49%), send date notifications (23%) and provide event schedules (25%).
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...