News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Local, small businesses benefiting from mobile
Over the past couple of years several studies have shown a link between mobile consumers and traffic to stores or restaurants. The latest Mobile SMART report from Millennial Media underscores how retail and restaurant brands are pushing farther into the mobile sphere, hoping to engage in-market consumers.
The Millennial Media November SMART report shows a link between mobile and restaurants/retail vertical. That vertical was the third largest on the Millennial platform for the first six months of 2012, with spending growing about 11% per month. Most (44%) of retail/restaurant campaigns included a Store Locator as part of the message. Other interesting findings include:
• 36% of campaigns (Restaurant & Retail) included mCommerce as a post-click action
• 60% used some form of location based targeting
• 30% of campaigns dealt with clothing retailers
Telecom and Finance were the top two verticals on Millennial's network.
The increased engagement from mobile consumers is one reason more small businesses are pushing into the space. New data out from Constant Contact suggests 81% of SMBs will increasingly use mobile to engage during events in the New Year.
"Mobile tools will no doubt assume a much bigger role in event planning for small businesses and nonprofits but considerable training needs to occur before we'll see widespread adoption," said Chris Litster, vice president and general manager of EventSpot from Constant Contact. "Mobile technology offers the distinct advantages of reach, convenience, and affordability but until small businesses have the proper training, many won't be able to leverage mobile tools to maximum advantage."
Those who move into mobile say they'll offer mobile registrations and payments (49%), send date notifications (23%) and provide event schedules (25%).
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...